Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what is the best cat-back for the buck?
magnaflow looks pretty good. i don't want something that sounds like a buzzing folgers can going down the road, well i just don't want to sound like a honda...

Thanks.

Just bought a '01 Black ZX3, new to the car, but not to the scene.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
YoDude, Vibrant, HKS, Focus Sport

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
dont have one yet, but gonna soon (when the taxman gives me back my due)---Yo-Dude!

Get with Magnaflow, Borla or Flowmaster muffler in 2.25 or 2.5" in aluminized or stainless all for great $

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a YoDude exhaust on my Cougar with Flowmaster muffler, the sound was awesome, but that was the Duratec V6.

Which one sounds the best on the zetec? I am looking for a low tone that doesn't sound to gay. Anyone have a preference?

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
define "sound too gay" please.
does that mean it sounds soft and kind of lispy?

anyway, the MBRP has a kill sound. very aggressive and deep. it's a bit louder than many on the market so be aware that with a race header or off road pipe you're going to be cop baiting.

Nate

EDIT: check out sound clips at www.mbrp.com

[ 02-19-2003, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Bmorezx3 ]

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Magnaflow has a nice deep tone, but the MBRP has the lowest, and meanest sounding around. I don't think anyone would ever tell you any diffrent

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
bosal at 319. optional silencer avail 4 another 35-40bux. just 2 good a piece my .02. not 2 discount others though.

-Ult

·
Registered
105 Posts
I got the Pacesetter for $200
Real quiet exhaust.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I soooooo love my MBRP.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I say the Magnaflow...but I work for them so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt...lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have the Dynomax Catback and paid 171.00 installed. It isn't stainless, but I live in California so stainless isn't needed. The sound is great and looks great. I have had it for almost 2 years, and no problems.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Depends on what you want, it seems everyone likes the magnaflow. From what i've heard it sounds pretty decent. It can also be had pretty cheap. If you want something that doesn't sound like a crappy 4 cylinder though it costs money. You need some quality mufflers, I'd say HKS and apex'i are the cheapest top quality ones out there. Mufflers sound 'ricey' because they are cheap and what ricer's can afford. So if you go $$ a lot of times you avoid that racket. It really comes down to how much you want to spend, how much you care about sound, and how long you want it to last.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Why has no one said.....Borla. Its a little pricy to start but its highly reliable. And definatly dosnt give a rice rocket sound.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah Man!!! Borla all the way!!! Nice loud growl with a really clean tip. It doesn't have that "fart can" tip like some others. No offense to you bosal guys.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Borla makes a great exhaust. Very throaty sound and the tip fits well and looks better. High quality stuff. I had to replace mine with the new FS Quiet exhaust (damn CA cops), so if anyone's looking, shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thank you for the input, much appreciated.
As much as i love the borla sound and the look, i will probably buy from yodude. Looks like they have some good setups. I'm a full time student with a part time job, money is tight. Plus i am saving on the side for eibach pro's...

·
Registered
23 Posts
def. go with yodude stainless steel. u cannot beat the quality and price. the magnaflow muffelr sounds sweet and i would pick up a flex pipe at the same time.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
SuperMatt you have a pm
from some clips i got from the jet a while ago i say mbrp sounds the best magnaflow is in the middle and thermal is the worst.
i tailied all the sugestions.
</font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yo dude = 3</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">vibrant = 1</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">hks = 1</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">focus sport = 1</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">magnaflow = 3</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">borla = 5</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">flowmaster = 1</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">mbrp (loud) = 4</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">bosal = 1</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">pacesetter (quiet) = 1</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">dynomax = 1</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">it seams borla or mbrp. th warning about mbrp being real loud kinda worys me cause i want the quietest system posible but with a deep throaty note.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts