Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the the best chip options for a 01 ZX3, Car has cold air intake (AEM) and 2.5 cat-back.

Also what is best UDP, or pulley set for the focus?

any other cheap HP mods out there? Test pipe maybe?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Esslinger and AF/X are probably the best UDP's out there, the Esslinger is lighter and the AF/X is smaller. I have no idea which has a lower polar moment of inertia, but that's what would really matter. I dont know that a chip is really a great mod. People on here say its a good thing, but I see it in the same category as the throttle body something you do when you've got the basics ironed out. A really good cheap mod for power are fidanza cam gears at mcnews automotive, that and a race header give the best external (no FI) gains out there.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I cant speak for superchips, But I have had great luck with DiabloSport.

As for the UDP. AFX is a popular one. I used the FC pulley kit and loved it. An Underdrive pulley or pulley kit is a very noticable mod for minimal cash

·
Registered
149 Posts
I can speak to that, and I LOOOOOVE my superchip, no more hitting the speed governor prematurely !!!
Anyways, I bought a throttle body (used) for less than $ 100, and I really liked the throttle response............but probably only 1-2 hp. I am about to get an AEM and a BBK MAFS..................so we'll see...........BTW altho NOT a performance mod, the B&M short throw feels amazing.........haven't missed a shift yet, no matter how soft or hard...........I love it...........That's just my $.02............................J.Lo

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
i love my superchip and got a good deal on it. bought to order some cams and cam gears and pully set. **trying to find a cyclinder head to port and polish this summer**

·
Registered
311 Posts
I will have to agree on the esslinger UDP. I noticed a major difference with the way the car pulled through the powerband.

as far as chips....

there was a shop that tested both the superchips and diablosport. used the super in stanard programing and custom(car had cai, pulley, camgears,cams,header,catback). did the same with the diablo sport.

with around town and highway diablosport won.

·
Registered
921 Posts
For manual, Dialo was better at the track.
For auto, Superchip was better at the track.

On stock engines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts