Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a shorty header ,Exuast,radome tec flow cat. what is the best flex pipe foe the job?? what hp will i get? i also have a TB,intakeand chip and only got 122lbs and 119hp on the dyno . whay is that so low??

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
can't help you on the performance numbers, but the FS will hold up .... including the ceramic coating. Mine has about 30k on it and it's still shiny

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
There are TWO that will fill the Bill for your N/A Application.
FocusSport and Bosal.
I recommend Both, and would go with Nothing besides one of these two.
Both companies have been good to me and have Great Customer Service.
I went w/ FS because Bosal wasn't yet available when I made my Purchase.
Look at Both, Compare Prices and Preferred Finish, and make your own call between them.
The Diameter is Identical, and the bends are so close that I doubt there's a Dyno Difference.
Bosal Will have a NEW piece of Exhaust Goodies in the Game Soon.
I'll be testing something secret in about a week and a half, and NO it's not a Cat.
I'll report to BANDIT first, but if it's good and right, I'll let you guys know soon thereafter....

·
Registered
904 Posts
I got the FocusSport cause it looked better in the pics, but I had fitmet problems with it connecting to my Bosal cat-bat and the Focus Central off-road pipe. Had to do some modifying to get it together.

---Herb---

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Your hp #'s are low because on the focus, there was no marking place on the cams, so some came advanced or retarded. Some foci dyno at 115whp stock
, and some at 100whp stock
, and everywhere in between. You must have got one of bad settings.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
got FS b/c it was in stock at the time, waitin on bosal's 1st arrival...wish i would have waited, md weather (includin a blizzard) has taken a heavy toll on the coated FS

but when i get around to droppin the svt setup in my car, then it'll b null and void.

go bosal.

-Ult

·
Inebriated Pecker Obstructionist
2,958 Posts
Who sells the Bosal flex pipe?
I have an FC race header, and an FS flex pipe. I just had custom 2-1/4" exhaust put on my car, and a week later my flex blew out. So now I need a new flex.

So, does anyone know where I can get the Bosal flex?

Thanx,
Al

·
2,958 Posts
Thanx Ult.
I just placed an order for one from McNew's.
Kick ass!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
cool, i should almost replace my fs w/a bosal (eh its just money)....you'll like it...actually 1 of the best mods i've felt i've done for the money

-Ult

·
2,958 Posts
Well, hopefully after I get the Bosal in, my exhaust guy will be able to make me a high flow "FlexCat" out of the old FS flex, complete with O2 bungs. Then I will redo the O2 sensors, and have a "technically" smog legal car.
We'll see how it goes next week.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
flex pipes dont have o2 bungs in them.

·
2,958 Posts
Sorry, maybe it wasn't clear. I am going to have the highflow cat and O2 bungs added to the old FS fle pipe, imn place of the flex itself.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Who sells the Bosal flex pipe?
I have an FC race header, and an FS flex pipe. I just had custom 2-1/4" exhaust put on my car, and a week later my flex blew out. So now I need a new flex.

So, does anyone know where I can get the Bosal flex?

Thanx,
Al
Did you BOTHER to contact FS???
There WAS a Bad Batch.
They Replaced mine Promptly.

·
2,958 Posts
I wasn't the original purchaser. Plus the fact that I beat the hell out of the pipe when I was trying to get my old stock exhaust to mount up to the flex, even though that was almost six months ago.
It is not a warrantable situation.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts