Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an iceman intake, but the panel filter was recently destroyed (long story) in any event, what's the best filter out there that'll retain the use of the stock airbox?

·
Registered
217 Posts
IMO- Its the ITG- you can get it from Focussport (a FJ sponssor). But the K & Ns are good to, but for only $10 bucks more, I'd go ITG.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
ITG actually comes out very poorly in a test that I have seen online. Worse than Fram in flow. K&N does well, but not better than OE. I'll forward the link once I find it.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
the real advantage of the ITG is 30,000 miles down the road when it still flows like new and the K&N starts to go downhill fast.

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
here is my dyno test of the ITG panel filter and the K&N panel filter

run 31 is with the K&N
run 32 is with the ITG

Thanks again Tony D at newedgeperformance for the ITG filter to test

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
that HP and the fact that i don't have to risk oiling up my MAF with the ITG makes me choose the ITG.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Originally posted by Cameroon:
the real advantage of the ITG is 30,000 miles down the road when it still flows like new and the K&N starts to go downhill fast.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I beg to differ on that one. I have the K&N Drop in filter and have 31,990 miles on my car and it still performs very well. No issues w/ the K&N panel Filter. I had the K&N Drop in on my 90 Stang and when I did get rid of the Stang that car had 140,000 miles on her and not a single issue w/ the filter.

[ 10-26-2002, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: zetecinside ]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts