Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be buying Eagle rods, the FR head, and pistons (dunno which brand) for a FI motor soon, to be built this winter.

Where are the best prices on Eagle rods and what pistons? I really don't care which brand, so long as they are good quality and the price is right. Thanks.

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
I also would do billet main caps and head and main studs if you add all the machine work and parts we can build you a short block or comlpete engine for less than most people can do it them self for

Tom

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also would do billet main caps and head and main studs
What is the benefit of that? I don't know exactly what those are or what they do. I could get rods and pistons from Tony D for about $800 and install them myself, or get everything from you for $2200, but yours includes those extras.

·
Registered
659 Posts
If you do it yourself after you do the machine work and the balance all your new bearings and seals and bolts your pushing easily close to 2000 if you don't do the maincaps. you can get JE pistons shipped to your door for 505. my machine work was 440 with out the maincaps the bearing and all that crap was almost 300 if not more iI cant remember exactly but if I figured it all up it would have benn almost the same for Tom to do it for meplus I would have maincaps and headstuds and mainstuds its worth the money to get all that stuff. I wish I had thought about it somemore before I did it myself but on the good side I enjoyed building it and the experience was awesome and then to see those dyno numbers come out of a engine I built was awesome too. well do what you want but those are my opinions

Cory

1 - 4 of 4 Posts