Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,666 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Even though Ford Motor Company is aware of Powerstroke 6.0L engine failures caused directly by failed fuel injectors, they have refused to issue a recall."

I am sure there are plenty of happy 6.0 owners. It is ford's policy toward things like this. They just cannot get it farking right.

The shame of it is I like the F250-F350 best. My dad and I went looking about a month ago and they are really the best looking truck. It is just fantastic. But I refuse to consider it given Ford's reaction to problems.

When poison was found in a few bottles of tynenol, they pulled every bottle off the shelf, regardless of cost.

Compare that to ford's reaction.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Blue Oval News =
I heard problems with the new 6.0 but many people are happy with them i would buy one.The new powerstroke is a sick truck and i wouild take on in an instant with the FX4 package

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts
Back in the SportTruck heyday in the early 90s, a friend of Jeff's from Utah built a bad azz Chevy excab with a built GM diesel in it. It was a cover truck, and they had pics of it pulling some insane 1/4 mile times. Thom Taylor paint job, BellTech suspension, Boyd's, the whole bit, but with a beastly diesel under the hood. The 1/4 mi pics were wild because of the black smoke factor.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blue Oval News =
I heard problems with the new 6.0 but many people are happy with them i would buy one.The new powerstroke is a sick truck and i wouild take on in an instant with the FX4 package
FX4 package = Change of underwear

Regardless of the source, you should check out some power stroke forums.....they are not happy. This is like the 5th article I read with regard to engine issues and ford's response, or lack thereof.

I'll wait it out and see.

Interestingly, I found that it doesn't take as much as you would think to put these things down into the 14-15 sec range. Chip,injectors and airflow....vroom. Or should I say whistle.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Well another thing to consider is that Navistar makes the diesal motor for Ford...so they could part of the problem also

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
There is a Dodge diesel running 13's all day long.
around here there is a Ford F250 powerstroke, raised with mud tires that runs <12s all day...in street trim

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
my boss has that same exact truck!!!
can it really do that right out of the box or is there other work done to it!?

·
Registered
320 Posts
they do a propane injection which workes kinda like nitrous, but these trucks are immensely cool because nobody would ever think that a diesel truck could run faster than some cars do!

Jordan

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Unfortunately no. However, it seems that these vehicles take very well to modification. Like I said, basic bolton's and you are well into 15's if not high 14's.

Get a little crazy and you are crazy sick fast,e.g., larger turbo, injectors, ecu, intake-exhaust, throw in some propane injection and you are stomping lots of smaller things.

Another interesting side note, the auto's run faster. The threads that talk about 1/4 mile all agree that the auto's are faster.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my buddies dodge diesel (traded in a turbo protege for it) runs 14.9 stock in 2wd.

-Ult
Holy mary mother....that's great news. Those Dodge H/O cummins diesels are looking better and better. Wow!
Is his stick or auto.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts