Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, this is the stuff you're looking for. A bunch of former race fuel engineers talking on a racing forum. I would consider this information to be the gospel:

http://corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=128220#post128220

This would be a good idea to distill down this info and put it on that Focalnet-x page.

Usual warning, please don't register on cc.com and ask newbie retard questions. I'll get in trouble. They like to keep things at a higher level there, I'm still a newbie retard.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Nice Reference Rob....

I wonder how all of this might apply to an "Auto-X/Race Day" w/ a simple Diablo Chip?
Would a Mild Blend of the Xylene against some 93 Octane Provide a useable benefit?

BTW, If you haven't already, I would post those links in Forced Induction.
i won't complain about Cross-Posting, and I'm sure Ron wouldn't mind on something like this.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Nice Reference Rob....

I wonder how all of this might apply to an "Auto-X/Race Day" w/ a simple Diablo Chip?
Would a Mild Blend of the Xylene against some 93 Octane Provide a useable benefit?

BTW, If you haven't already, I would post those links in Forced Induction.
i won't complain about Cross-Posting, and I'm sure Ron wouldn't mind on something like this.
From my understanding on a NA car, the extra octane does very little unless the valve timing can be changed significantly. However, on a FI car the extra octane allows running of uberboost.
(I have a buddy that had a 89 Turbo TA with over 20 pounds of boost set on track days. He ran a HEAVY xylene mixture--his family business just happens to be printing so they buy it by the drum
. That was the spookiest street car I have ever been in. I saw that car come out of turn 7 at Blackhawk Farms behind a ZR1 Vette and by the time they got to turn 1, the TA was up 6-8 car lengths. It was a low 11 second car, IIRC).

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Michael, I posted it here.... because I have to pretty careful there. They really don't like people linking to that board because it brings in an influx of newbies, and they just don't like to deal with it.

They're a bunch of elitist assholes, just like us.

Also, I doubt increase octane would help you. It's mentioned in the thread. In and of itself octane doesn't do jack. It's only when combined with a more "aggressive" tune that you get more power.

Some cars, like Saabs have computers that will automatically retune themselves if detonation is not apparent. So they could see a benefit. Unfortunately our car does not do this.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hey, this is off topic but the forum you linked is an engineer's haven for technical discussion. thnx a bunch.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, it's an amazing forum, but you have to be careful. Read the Wiki, and the Newbie sticky threads before you post. They're a good bunch of guys, but they don't put up with any BS.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yep.. I have read all the guidelines and spent a couple hours reading the infamous x-drilled rotor thread
. Don't worry though. I don't plan on contaminating the forum with one more newbie. I have found much more info than I have dreamed by just looking through the search page.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You know, I've never actually sat down and gotten through TICDRT ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts