Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lower the rear end of my Foci. I am installing 17's with 205 40 17's. What is the best setup for the money to do rear springs? Also I see a lot of coil overs on ebay for like 20 bucks???? Is this a joke or is there something I am missing.Can someone please explain the best plan for me.

Thanks

Josh

·
Registered
848 Posts
just rear springs? I'm not an expert but I asked a lotta auto-x guys and they suggested apex 2 inch drop and Spax non adjustable shocks and struts. Hard to beat for the money. The ride is much more in tune with the ground and looks 10 times better with the 17's. Now I just need a progress or svt rear sway bar and i'll be set for handling.

·
Registered
117 Posts
That's a good set-up....stay away from that cheap Ebay crap...remember you get what you pay for!
Stay Tuned,
Damage

·
Registered
117 Posts
Oh yeah, if you are going from stock ...a 2" drop in the rear is gonna make your rear lower than your front. If you are stock consider a complete set-up...springs and dampers all around and sway bars!!! I am an Eibach man but there are plenty of set-ups to choose from...look at the set-up listings at the top of the suspension forum....

·
Registered
104 Posts
SVT from mcnewsautomotive, $275 or something from there, shocks, struts, springs, 21mm sway bar. Full kit, $300 shipped probably. I doubt you can beat it for price and the performance it gives.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much lower will that get me on the SVT kit. Sounds like a good deal but what is the actual drop?

·
Registered
208 Posts
It will only give you .5-1 inch drop but much better handling. I ordered a the setup about 2 weeks ago but its on backorder right now until mid august.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Google the SVT for images, you'll get a good idea. The front there's not much wheel gap at all, but it does still retain the raked look so the rear is still up a bit more. I got pics of mine with 17" SVT wheel if you want 'em.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
SVT Suspension kit is available from Tousley Ford, a sponsor here on FJ, for $215.50
His SN on here is "FORDSVTPARTS"

That's dirt cheap for new springs, dampers, & a rear sway bar!

Lowers about 3/4 of an inch.
If you want a slammed look this isn't the kit for you.
If you want GREAT handling, GREAT ride, and a little lower for a cheap price...then the SVT kit IS for you

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have been looking at the Eibach stuff with the dampners and all. What is the big deal between the sportlines and the pro kit? I want to upgrade the handling around tight turns at high speeds but want it too look like it has been lowered, without the rub and the ghetto look.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sportlines handle great...and are lower than the regular pro springs...you won't look ghetto!!! the pro kit can be ordered with the sportline springs...thats the way to go, and unless you go with with something larger than 215/45/17,s you should be fine...my 205/40/17,s near scrub and I drive hard...took the twisties up in the mtns. a few weeeks ago and loved it! I did take those fine edges off my new tires though....but that was asphalt wear....not scrubbing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts