Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was going all out performance, but i think i just want to lightly mod my car from now on. ive got too much other stuff going on right now. i have to stay up with emissions so i was wondering what the best shorty header and high flow cat would be for the zx3?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
well the only production bolt-on cat is the random tech.....bosal is making one....but im not sure when it'll be ready.

·
Registered
184 Posts
You can get the random tech cat from www.mcnewsautomotive.com
But I would wait for Bosal, since probably it would be comparable if not better, and most likely cheaper. As for the best header to go with it, don't really know.

·
Registered
255 Posts
i got a JBA for a shorty header. its the gen 3 model. pretty good for torque. mine is up for sale though since i'm trying to return my car to bone stock specifications. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
the shorty headers are pretty much the same...you're really not gonna find one that out performs the other...so its just preference

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Originally posted by Wedge1212:
the shorty headers are pretty much the same...you're really not gonna find one that out performs the other...so its just preference
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Very smart comment.

I have the pacesetter.. which i just took off to try and sell (i want a race header
) .. and it made a noticeable difference.

I was scared when i first got it because people always put it down. But if someone can "feel" the difference between it and its more expensive counterparts.. haha.. that would be funny.

·
Registered
18 Posts
how about the wait of a pace (mild still)and a fs,jba(stainles steel)i think this diference counts too.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I JUST RESCENTLY GOT THE JBA HEADERS AND THE RANDOME TECH HIGH FLOW CAT

NICE COMBO

BIG DIFFRENCE
NICE GAINS!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
What he said-I have had JBA and Random Tech on my JRSC 2000 ZX3 and got a real boost from each but can't say if they are better than another setup. I like them though!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts