Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want the performance first, and I don't want a ricey sound
. I'm looking at the Bosal as the top one right now....
http://www.newedgeperformance.com/bosperstaine.html
What do you guys think? Also I saw the HKS one, but I don't like the angled exhaust, wish there was one that was straight back.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
naah I am just giving ya some shiz.

I have the HKS and I personally love the looks and love the sound and I like the power it gives me.

I also had the Bosal and it was also good..but not as good as my HKS is now..

but for now, my Bosal is laying under my bed collecting dust.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by focusfuri75:
i've got the MBRP exhaust, and i love the sound and power it gave me
nice and throaty
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The MBRP is a pretty loud exhaust. My personal favorite is the apex'i world sport, but its just because it's really quiet. If you like a lot of noise then go for a different one...

·
Registered
107 Posts
i have the apexi world sport exhaust and compared to the bosal, paceseater, and boral exhaust i thiink its the got the deepest sound which is the most non ricey sound your gona get. It sounds very similar to a greddy or apexi exhaust on a 3'rd gen turbo'd eclipse which generally have a very deep sound to it!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where can I get the HKS? I saw it on one site but it was for like $499 or something, and that's a little pricey. I don't mind the HKS, but with it being angled it has to hang lower, therefore scrape more? I don't want sparks flyin all over when I go over a 3 inch bump. Also the apex-i was $499 at the place I saw it. Any lower prices?

[ 10-14-2002, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: mick_9 ]

·
Registered
107 Posts
the apexi is a little bit higher than the other but its worth spending the few extra $ trust me. call and speak to bryce or larry at alamo autosports ph # 817-860-4300 and that u spoke to andrew with the blue focus and he should be able to hook u up pretty good!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by 02SteedaFocus:
i have the apexi world sport exhaust and compared to the bosal, paceseater, and boral exhaust i thiink its the got the deepest sound which is the most non ricey sound your gona get.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Exactly. It's makes that nasty 4 cylinder shut up! Exactly what you want
Here's a great place to buy it for $399
Apex'i World Sport

·
Banned
123 Posts
EZ choice Bassanni. not to loud but still has a deep sound and the price is resonable
mike

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Same here- the MBRP is loud! It gets a little tired listening to the sound at times but screaming out of the tool booth 4 times a day and going under a bridge/tunnel the sound is sooo sweet! I came out of the toll booth once and a VA state trooper on the shoulder gave me that s*** eating look that they are so very good at but hey, I've got the state inspection sticker and the receipt in the glove box so I am just waiting for him to give me some s***!

My ZX3 is particularly loud-JRSC W/JBA, Random Tech cat, Volant-each of these helps make it louder!

[ 10-15-2002, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: nordy200 ]

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
The site's not updated. All years are the same in that dept.
My vote goes for Bosal, both for power AND tone, but I think most people are tired of responding to this question, and everyone has different opinions, thus Iceman's first post.
IMO BOSAL is BY FAR the nicest tone and highest quality, and the customer service couldn't Possibly be any better than it already is.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by mick_9:
ruggedman, the link u posted for the apexi (http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_information.asp?number=APX-104-KI03&variation=&aitem=3&mitem=8&back=yes&dept=99) it says for 00-01 and I have an '02. Is there any difference that would make it not fit?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No sir...it will fit
Great choice if you get it. If you want a bosal i've got one that's a week old, PM me and maybe we can set something up, I'd really like to get this apexi too

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by MichaelXi:
and the customer service couldn't Possibly be any better than it already is.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Very True, I've got nothing but praises for this company as far as customer service goes they are great
. The exhaust is great too, I just have that thorn in my side from the first one i got
so i'm still picky, but I think if my first one was like the one i currently have I would have been ga-ga over it from day one

·
Registered
847 Posts
Originally posted by focusfuri75:
i've got the MBRP exhaust, and i love the sound and power it gave me
nice and throaty
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ditto...I have it and love it. Looks and sounds better than any other one I've seen.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i just order my A'PEXi... cant wait for shipment and install

1 - 20 of 34 Posts