Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to go zoom zoom. but auto tranny and 120k miles. whut to do whut to do?

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
Trade it in for an MTX!

·
Registered
209 Posts
what is your budget? and what are your future plans will help us help u...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
turbo or nos something....... should i just ge a new one cause i got 120 k on it?

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
burn it down.

get an MTX-75 from Haines. It'll swap to an SPI no problem. gear ratio is better than the IB5 and you can get an LSD without spending 1k for it.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
save ur money and buy another car hahaha

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
burn it down.

get an MTX-75 from Haines. It'll swap to an SPI no problem. gear ratio is better than the IB5 and you can get an LSD without spending 1k for it.
one for sale in the classifides w/ 20k for $300 + s/h. just a heads up

·
Registered
620 Posts
Zetec with Auto tranny =
I used to have one. Don't waiste your money on the Automatic Zetec, it's not worth it. I used to have an '01 ZX3 with adj. cam gears, JBA header, high flow CAT, and a Diablo Chip, and got 109hp at the wheels

So an SPI with the an Auto is

unless you want to go with the Lentech option, but your car has way too much miles for you to spend more money to upgrade it. I say buy a new car if you can

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
best thing to do with auto tranny?
Put it out with the trash?

turbo or nos something
I'm not trying to sound snotty, but your plans may be hampered by the sheer fact that you have an SPI and an automatic transaxle. They've both been done on this engine, but it takes a lot more than just bolting on a pre-fab kit. Read around, do some research, and get a clear idea of where you want to go...the first stop on that journey may be a dealership to trade in your SPI.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
spi. a bad enigine? lol
mtx-75?
um no
dont trade it in, or put the money into an mtx-75
get a good ib5 and slap it on there like it is supposed to have. the mtx-75's have a big problem with glass diffs. looking at the diif wrong will blow it. I have never seen an spi blow a diff. i currently have 47k of thrashing miles on my SPI with an IB5 and not problem one. and to me the engine sings with the ib5 gearing. dont let the monkeys get you down
bryan

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have an auto and zetec in my hatch (zx5) i can take zetec equiped manuals in the high end, the only place i get hurt is down low, i don't see much of a difference in the two except for launches... race proven, mother approved. my favorite thing is getting someone in a manual at 60 i get mid to high RPM's in second, they third down low, and it's over almost before it starts. they can't catch up unless they are seriously modded.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts