Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got these rims for my car - ALT sonix in carbon black

They have a matte finish, and am wondering if there is anything I can put on them to help keep them looking nice?

I have heard of wheel wax awhile back, but is that just for wheels that are clear-coated or have the gloss finishes?

Here is a picture of them. I want to make sure whatever I put on them wont ruin the paint or degrade it in any way.

·
Registered
993 Posts
id coat them down with your wax of choice, and keep them waxed and clean.
really try not to let brake dust and road grime stay on them too long.

other than that, your rims look sick

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Personally, I like the brake dust look. The more the better. It shows you're using the brakes. Although, I like to rotate the wheels front-to-back every once in a while to get a nice even coating on all four wheels. I've found that it looks silly with brake dust only on the fronts. Plus, while rotating the tires you want to be careful not to touch the spokes and wipe off any brake dust cause it leaves annoying clean spots.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Personally, I like the brake dust look. The more the better. It shows you're using the brakes. Although, I like to rotate the wheels front-to-back every once in a while to get a nice even coating on all four wheels. I've found that it looks silly with brake dust only on the fronts. Plus, while rotating the tires you want to be careful not to touch the spokes and wipe off any brake dust cause it leaves annoying clean spots.

Gotta love the people who never rotate or clean their rims!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts