Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen ads for grounding kits claiming better performance and more HP.Anyone have any experience or knowledge about this subject?

·
Registered
175 Posts
theres been a couple of threads here and in the svt forum, im not sure on how much hp you'll pick up if any, but it is supposed to help with your idle and maybe even gas milage. not sure though, try a search its all here somewhere.

·
Banned
227 Posts
Personally I'm intereasted if it is able to stop the electricution I experienc every time I turn off the car and get out. YOUCH!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx,I'll look around again.Didn't think to check SVT forum.

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Originally posted by Fastwonder:
Personally I'm intereasted if it is able to stop the electricution I experienc every time I turn off the car and get out. YOUCH!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL, I doubt it. That's just massive static charge.

·
Registered
143 Posts
can't you get a strip that falls to the ground when you're stopped to release that static charge to the ground [street]?
- James

[ 01-09-2003, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: FocalBuGG ]

·
Registered
320 Posts
I did it to my car, I noticed it's a little smoother , especially in the cold. Don't know about added power though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
im a stereo installer and i have a good amount of expertise on automotive grounds, i felt flat spots in my acceleration around 2500 to 4000 rpm, or sudden jumps in power, sorta like a screwed up v-tech, so i replaced all three ground uner the hood and removed the paint at all three grounding points and they went away instantly, the flat spots i mean, and its alot smoother running engine now. theres one on the batt and one on the trans, and one on the engine pull hook, or over the valve cover pass. side.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info lowfrequencyfocus I think I will redo mine also. I don't think I'll buy the kit,I'll do it myself and for the time and materials,I think it would be def worth it.Stereo installer eh? Thats my next Blackrat project! Well,more bump anyway.Right now my ZX3 is off the road and my sub is in my jeep.Not much just a 12" w/200W Pioneer amp.Looking for 2-12"s,w/amp for each so I can have 2 remote switches.Want to mold the subs into the side panels in the rear and put the amps in the spare tire well.I've got alot of research to do-caps?,Dynomat?,monstercable?,Alphasonic?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Updated profile

1 - 10 of 10 Posts