Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any feedback on them? I am looking for new tires for my SVTF, and want a better tire than the stock Contisports, without spending a fortune. I am trying to stay under $100 per tire.

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
They are a great tire for the money. I have put these on 5 foci (3 SVT, 1 ZX3 and 1 sedan) at work (National Tire and Battery) and all of them say they are a great tire. This is the tire that is going to replace my Ziex-512's that I have currently (which is also a great tire, but didnt last too long, though i abused the hell out of them)

I highly recommend them

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just ordered some on Monday for my SVTF. From what I have heard, they are pretty good. Don't hurt the wallet either. I'll let you know how they are when I get them on.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I have had mine on for around 20k now, im getting really good milage with over half thread on them still. The road noise isnt way to bad. Grip is verry nice and in the wet they are great! Im considering buying them again the next time around.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
best tire for the money.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Before I had these I had the Yokohama ES100's and I like the BF's much better. Not only in dry conditions but wet conditions as well. I will definitely get these again.

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Had mine on for about 6000 miles now. Road noise from the rear tires is BAD. I mean a LOT louder than the Contis or the Fuzion ZRis I ren before these.

The tires look great and perform pretty good. But the first time I used them at the JetFest auto-x, the front tires got chewed up HORRIBLY after just 4 runs! These things just weren't meant to take any HARD, aggressive driving.

Next tire I get will probably be the Kumho MXs. Screw the lifespan on them, at least they won't get chewed up like the other $100.00 tires I have tried.

I guess I expect too much out of a tire.

·
3,602 Posts
Had mine on for about 6000 miles now. Road noise from the rear tires is BAD. I mean a LOT louder than the Contis or the Fuzion ZRis I ren before these.

The tires look great and perform pretty good. But the first time I used them at the JetFest auto-x, the front tires got chewed up HORRIBLY after just 4 runs! These things just weren't meant to take any HARD, aggressive driving.

Next tire I get will probably be the Kumho MXs. Screw the lifespan on them, at least they won't get chewed up like the other $100.00 tires I have tried.

I guess I expect too much out of a tire.
The road noise from the rear is abnormal tire wear, sounds like it got chopped up (which is common on foci). Its mechanical wear, not the tires fault.

·
3,602 Posts
After 6000 miles? I doubt that. The reat tires look like new still.
I have seen tires chopped horribly after 2500 miles.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've had these on the wagon for just under 1,000 miles now, love em. Much better than the ES-100s and they are much more quiet for me

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Great to see some good reviews on these tires. After doing some research, my girlfriend is purchasing the G-force sports for her Mazda 3 5-door.

She found them for $111/each at Costco. This price includes mounting, balancing, lifetime road hazard, lifetime free rotation/balancing, lifetime free everything. Not a bad deal if you are a Costco member...may get these for my SVT when the time comes.

·
3,602 Posts
Great to see some good reviews on these tires. After doing some research, my girlfriend is purchasing the G-force sports for her Mazda 3 5-door.

She found them for $111/each at Costco. This price includes mounting, balancing, lifetime road hazard, lifetime free rotation/balancing, lifetime free everything. Not a bad deal if you are a Costco member...may get these for my SVT when the time comes.
Be weary of costco's roadhazard. It is NOT free replacement, and it is only for a year (at least here in Dallas it is).

If your going to buy them locally, then i must suggest going to a true tire shop (NTB, Discount Tire, Firestone). All of them will match Costco's price, and give you a much better balance and tire service.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I've just discovered I really need some new DD tires and these caught my eye. Can you go wrong for $55 from tirerack in 16"? Max performance doesn't really matter, just tread life and wet weather ability. The only others very close in price are 711's or a couple hankooks

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Be weary of costco's roadhazard. It is NOT free replacement, and it is only for a year (at least here in Dallas it is).

If your going to buy them locally, then i must suggest going to a true tire shop (NTB, Discount Tire, Firestone). All of them will match Costco's price, and give you a much better balance and tire service.
The roadhazard service at the Costco here in FL is the same as any other tire shop in the area. They cover up to a certain tread wear.

I'm curious to see how they do w/mounting and balancing. The Costco tire shop here has all the newer balancing and mounting machines. The employees seem decent as well.

Thanks for the heads up though. I'll definately see how they do on her car before I think about taking mine in.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I'll find out shortly how these tires work out. My city was doing some roadwork a little while back and I bent the inside edge of one of the front wheels on a sharp unmarked pavement edge. Then today we had some heavy rains up here in the desert and a lot of rocks were flushed out into the road. Just my luck the car hit one just right on the bent portion and blew it out. And in the debris in the roads I picked up like 5 nails and metal shards in the other front tire. Grrr…

While waiting for roadside assistance to show up I called the Tire Rack and talked about a few different tires. They can't get the W-rated original Conti's that came on the SVTF anymore, and the Z-rated ones were close to $150/each. I was leaning towards the Kuhmo MX's, but I do a lot of highway driving and have put close to 13k miles on the car in just under 5 months. The rep said the BF-G g-Force Sports had a lot of positive feedback so far and the slightly better wear rating should be nice. Even the higher performance g-Force KDW-2's on my SRT-4 have worn very well.

I ended up getting two tires and a new SVT Euro wheel for just over $300 shipped, which isn't too bad. If the tires work out I'll probably get a couple more on the car and post up a review. The stock ContiSportContact's have been a decent tire and this set on my second SVT has worn much better than the ones on my first car. I've also had experience with the Toyo FZ4's and Yoko AVS ES100's, so I'll try to post a quick review of how the g-Force Sport's compare after I get a few miles on them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well, mine arrived this afternoon. Going to have to wait till tomorrow afternoon to get them mounted. Thanks Tirerack. Hope they are as good as everyone says they are.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts