Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped off the ZX3 at the local tire shop to have the BFG G-Force Sports installed that I ordered last week. When I picked up the car they informed me that the BFG's didn't arrive so they made the choice for me and "Did me a favor" by putting Pirelli P6 All Seasons on instead. They charged me for the price of the BFG's, which were cheaper.
Any opinions as to whether I should keep the Pirellis or insist they replace them with the G-Force Sports I originally ordered.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Those tires are in totally different classes, ultra high performance summer for the G-Forces and high performance all season for the P6s. I'd take them back and get the tires you wanted put on, they did themselves a favor....not you.

Plus, why didn't they tell you the tires hadn't come in when you dropped it off? Sounds rather on the shadey side to me.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
A recent tire comparo at Tire Rack with the BFG G-Force Sport showed favorable results.

The price is suspiciously cheap, though, but so is a 711, and I love those.

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
G-force is a much better tire...the "favor" they did for you is bogus, mainly because their actual cost of the pirelli is cheaper than their cost of the BFG, so they make more money. When the BFG's get back in stock, make them put those on.

P6's suck, I have complaints on them alot (Saab's are bad about putting this tire on as OEM)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Plus, why didn't they tell you the tires hadn't come in when you dropped it off? Sounds rather on the shadey side to me.
I don't mind so much that they didn't let me know that the tires were not in when I dropped the car off but when they failed to call before they acted is what pissed me off.

Thanks for all of the responses. Pretty much confirms my suspicions.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
all i have to say is BFG > Pirelli P6

I put the tires on my 17" rims and they are SOOOOO much better. I think that was crappy that they chose for you...poor business practice. If I were you I would insist on what you bought in the first place, it's a MUCH better tire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts