Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I went to The Ford Drag Day at Milan here in Michigan and I talked to the guy (I am guessing the owner the way he drove the car and talked to me and he talked/ordered others) or PowerWorks. He had a Big boost Kit that he made for it to where he was running about 12 pounds of boost (I think) with a smaller pulley.

Well I have a question that would work for any supercharger. You can mostly get higher boost kits from the company to make the pulley on the Supercharger smaller thus creating higher RPM on the blower. Focus-Central has a kit that does the same thing. But it replaces the Crank pulley Larger so with 1 rotation of the larger crank pulley the belt is rotated more which in turns increases the RPM's of all the devices on the belt.

SO the question is this! What are peoples thoughts about getting a 3 peace under drive pulley kit and not putting on the Crank but the other two (what usually the water pump and the Alt.). But also order the Boost Crank pulley from Focus-Central. Thus making my accessories drive about the same but creating more belt movement. And with using the Big boost kit, that should put me some where around 15-16 pounds on the Power Works right?

With a stock motor what is the highest amount of boost would you run on the Zetec as a daily driver. Yea I would get it re-tuned for it. It was just a thought to day when I saw the focus their and I talked to the guy.

I was all Pro-Charger before I saw the kit and heard it and saw what all it did. All he had was SVT headers, SVT Cat, a Cat Back exhaust and was on slicks but was running / ran (I only saw him make one pass he had a bad launch and missed his time by quite a bit and got eliminated) but he ran a mid 14. That’s with him having his big boost kit. He said he was doing high 13’s… But I am Sold now I just need the money.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I have an SVT but installed a JRSC and put the stock crank back on for size, along /w a 3" pulley, the water pump pulley didnt seem much different in weight. Ill go measure its diameter but you may get by on just the crank pulley and smaller SC pulley.

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Miller, PW designed the kit to be reliable on the stock bottom end. If you plan on boosting 16 psi build your bottom end. PW distributors don't want to sell the big boost kit to people who haven't beefed up the motor (FocusSport anyways).

About your overdrive question...the JRSC warranty was void if the pully was changed to a smaller one. Therefore, people put an overdrive pulley on the crank. I honestly don't think it would be worth the money to buy an overdrive crank pulley and underdrive acc. pulleys. ZX3 tuning in Canada just recorded 241 hp on their cams with no boost upgrade and I believe are looking for more than 270 pretty soon.

All in all, get the original kit, then later when you need your crack fix (more boost), build the bottom end and get cams or the big boost kit, or both.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
yeah my water pulley is 5" (FC) and the oem is 4" so rt now its better cause the pump is running faster on the oem, Id say the 5.7" crank pulley if its light, I emailed CFM.com to see how much it weighs. My stock crank is like 15 lbs blahk :-(~

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
CFM said their 5.7" crank pulley is 1.8lbs, anyone want to buy my FC pullies?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts