Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On behalf of FocusSport, I'd like to thank any and all that were responsible for what I consider to be the best All Focus gathering of it's kind, Focus on the Beach 2003. Todd Wilson and Robb Albrecht really outdid themselves in regards to this fine event. And having said that, I know that they greatly appreciated the help of other key individuals like, Chris Stout, Rob Tribal, Al Farnum, Greg Acosta, Ken Golden, Ian Wilson, Kristina Biane, Steve "Hair" Ross, Catherine Torelli, and others that I may not know about. I'd also like to thank my wonderful girlfriend, Rachel, who helped out with scouting potential locatiions and offered very helpful suggestions and advice during the planning of the show.
Another group that deserves some big recognition are our fellow sponsors of the event, Jackson Racing, VF Engineering, H&R, Cool Blue 76, and Focaljet. Now, I know that I'm not aware of every single person that helped organize this event, so if I didn't mention you, please accept my apologies.

Overall, I'd say that FOTB 2003 went off without a hitch. We had a blast with the rest of the Friday afternoon caravan up to SLO and really enjoyed hanging out with some familiar and new faces Friday night.

The day of the event was a beautiful one, blue skies and nice breezes surrounded us all day. I don't think we could have asked for a better day for such a great gathering of the Foci!
It was a pleasure talking with all of you throughout the day and it was also very nice meeting a bunch of jetters for the first time. Everyone was very well behaved and good natured at the event...well except for "you know who."

Congratulations to all the winners (except "Mr. Personality") to the raffle drawings! We apologize to the people that didn't get to pick up their prizes, but as you know, some of the give-aways are very new and have yet to hit the market. Soon, very soon!! I'm sure that next year there will be even more prizes!!

I'm very pleased that this wasn't just a car show or gathering. This was an event that had heart and meaning, enabling the beneficiary, Vital Options, to receive over $1000!

We can't wait to do this again, even bigger and better next year! See ya then!!

Oh, and one small request. If you have pics or an album of FOTB 2003, please feel free to post them here. I'd like to have a collection to grab from for our web use. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
wish I couldve made it, looks like you all had an awsome time. I plan to be there next year with a fully built PZEV.

·
Registered
727 Posts

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
I'll be there next year

1 - 11 of 11 Posts