Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already got the BBK installed, but I want more. Never gonna be satisfied I guess. If I add the larger crank pulley, would the tune for the BBK be enough?

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Nope...you WILL need a new tune, and you won't get a lot more hp out of the SC. The 2.5 inch BBK pulley and overdrive pulley will pretty much max out the SC. A lot of people put on the 2.3 inch and overdrive crank, but without cooling, it is a waste. At that RPM, the SC is increasing intake temps a lot.

I think there are a couple of people on here with 230 hp JRSC's.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Already got the BBK installed, but I want more. Never gonna be satisfied I guess. If I add the larger crank pulley, would the tune for the BBK be enough?
A 2.3 pulley is putting the M45 s/c at it's max ability to flow air at or near sea level. Running the s/charger faster will gain you nothing. Your next steps are to allow the s/c'd air to flow easier. Install the FR Big Valve head, a good header/cat back, and a ported TB or a larger TB. You won't have to cool the charger and your car will make more power with less supercharger load.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I think he is talking about the FR Ported and polish Head w/ oversized valves not the manifold!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts