Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I'm planning on adding a resonator onto an exhaust system, should I get 2.5 inch to compensate for the performance loss, or will it be unnoticable?

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Rainy, whatever size exhaust you go with you shouldn't see a loss of power as long as the resonator you choose is a perforated core type. Just look down through the resonator and ensure that it's smooth with holes and not any raised areas. You can also go with an inlet and outlet size to match your exhaust system of choice that has a larger core to compensate for any (although very small) loss of HP. I'm running the Magnaflow which is a 2 1/4" system and have added a resonator that has a 2 1/4" inlet and outlet but has a 2 1/2" core.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dan. I am planning on getting a 2.25 inch YoDude, since I can get a Magnaflow w/a Resonator added on. I actually saw an Apex'i on a new focus for sale at my ford dealer, and it was sweet, the tip was a little big though. I was tihnkin about a YoDude since i can get whatever tip I want and have them add a resonator. Unless anyone has a good idea of where I can get a cheap Apexi.

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by RainyZX3:
Thanks Dan. I am planning on getting a 2.25 inch YoDude, since I can get a Magnaflow w/a Resonator added on. I actually saw an Apex'i on a new focus for sale at my ford dealer, and it was sweet, the tip was a little big though. I was tihnkin about a YoDude since i can get whatever tip I want and have them add a resonator. Unless anyone has a good idea of where I can get a cheap Apexi.

Thanks for all your help.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Is $400 too much for an exhaust? I was under the impression that was ok?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$400 isn't too bad, but there are alot of good kits out there that are well under $400. I.E. Magnaflow, Bosal, sometimes Borla, yodude. Besides it ain't like I got alot of dough to throw around.

·
Registered
294 Posts
$400 isn't too bad, but there are alot of good kits out there that are well under $400. I.E. Magnaflow, Bosal, sometimes Borla, yodude. Besides it ain't like I got alot of dough to throw around.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm in college so i'm at the epitome of poorness and i still managed to afford the apexi. It's only a little more than those "americanized" exhausts. If i could choose i'd say build your own if your going for cheap (out of magnaho mufflers) and if you wanna go big get apexi, hks, tanabe, or thermal. The others all sound the same as every other 4 cyl exhaust in my book. If you like that fine....the bosal is my favorite out of those.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've heard alot of good stuff about bosal, it's going to be a hard decision. I just love the way the Apexi looks though.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've heard alot of good stuff about bosal, it's going to be a hard decision. I just love the way the Apexi looks though.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'll do a write up if you can wait a week or so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts