Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's something the F/I people on here know about...

http://www.dragva.com/forums/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&postid=402562

this was posted from a friend on another forum who works at a shop in MD:

"A little history. This dude calls the shop and says he has a problem with his motor in his 3000GT. Says he had it rebuilt with bigger turbos and bigger injectors by some shop. He picked it up and it blew 5 miles from the shop. He took it back, they rebuilt it again, he picked it up, it blew up 5 miles from the shop. Took it back, had it rebuilt, but decided they didn't know what they were doing so he grannied it home when he picked it up the third time. So he is calling us to have us check it out for him. He says it is running horribly rich and he doesn't want to drive it in for fear that it will blow up again. We go through the normal questions to find out what is wrong. Bigger turbos, bigger injectors, stock everything else. OK, great.
Us: "What are you doing for fuel management for the bigger injectors?"

Him: "Nothing."

Yeah, he threw 550 injectors on the motor and let the stock ECU conrtol them. DHU. So basically his injectors were dumping all kinds of fuel and washing down the cylinders and bearings and BOOM....twice.

So he has it towed to us to have an S-AFC installed and tuned. We install and tune it and it has a horrible rod(s) knock. Horrible rod(s) knock. We told him he really shouldn't drive it anywhere, but if he insists, take it EASY!

So he tears out of the parking lot.

We get a call 15 minutes later that it blew up on the highway 10 minutes from the shop. LMAO. He had it towed back in and this is what we found when the tech pulled it apart today.

Children, avert your eyes...

"

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
That's bad right?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Can someone tell me how HP I'd gain if I sprinkled pieces of metal all over my head?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Anyone this dumb shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Actually reminds me of a local idiot taking Z28, throwing a 250shot in the mix, and taking it to the dragstip. Blowing is bad, blowing infront of a packed Friday night crowd is horrible.

·
Registered
729 Posts
HOLY [censored]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
744 Posts
jesus christ, the poor engine.

to the owner of the 3000gt:

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Can someone tell me how HP I'd gain if I sprinkled pieces of metal all over my head?
That may raise the CR and might cause the engine to blow.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Looks just like a Mitsu should...

·
Registered
747 Posts
He shoulda used...

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Wow. OMG wow.

That's the coolest* thing I've seen all week.

*and saddest and funniest

1 - 15 of 15 Posts