Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at what point or at what horsepower do i need to step up the injector size for all motor car?? are the stock injectors good to a certain horsepower?
im talking about stepping up to 24lb?? i know i would have to get a calibrated 70mm MAF.

thanks
mike

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
i think that it is about 170-175 hp that the stock injectors will hold. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
if you want to you can upgrade right now you can even upgrade on a stck focus if you wanted to when you have them program the 70mm mafs you usually tell them what all you have done to your car and they take that into affect with the sensor if you already have an intake and a few other mods this would probably be a good upgrade for you the extra ammount of fuel would probubly help you out in the upper r's and they would also be more efficient up there as well

·
Registered
446 Posts
Now I have header, intake, custom catback, and UDP. Can I go with 24lbs injectors? Is it going to increase the HP.
I wonder how many lbs/hr do the stock injectors put out.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Originally posted by Shevvvvv:
Now I have header, intake, custom catback, and UDP. Can I go with 24lbs injectors? Is it going to increase the HP.
I wonder how many lbs/hr do the stock injectors put out.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i believe the stock is 19lbs not sure though but still in your case i believe bigger injectors might give you a few extra ponies biggest thing to remember is that you need air fuel and spark and the more of those 3 things you can cram inside of the cylinder the more power your going to get

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
i think that it is about 170-175 hp that the stock injectors will hold. Good luck.

Stupid question but, flywhell horsepower?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts