Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
613 Posts
i dont have a bike yet but im lookin into gettin a 2003 suzuki gsxr 750 plus i work at parts unlimited which is the largest bike parts outfitter in the country so... ill be hooked.. just needa find a good deal on one...

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I have Y2K Buell M2 Cyclone; Being from East Troy (Buells are made here) and being a HDI shareholder would make me feel funny to ride anything else. As a second bike when the Buell is paid for, I will consider a Ducati, BMW or maybe a Triumph. I personally don't care for Jap bikes, only because they are so "common"--they are nice but I prefer to have something a little different.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how do you like the buell compard to other bikes how do you like its handling , speed , and throttle response? Its kinda a funny i started contemplating a buell last night

adam

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've got a Suzuki SV650S... it's my 2nd bike.. with the new K&N, jetting, timing adv. and Two Bros. x-metal exh it's a Torque MONSTER! i love it!
www.svrider.com once our house is finish and we close My wife will get the SV and i'm getting a TL1000R.. heavy, but STUPID torque!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I own a 92 Suzuki Katana 1100 and it is the sixth bike I have owned.

Just about any bike you buy from any manufacturer is great these days. Go to a magazine stand and take a look at Cycle World, Motorcyclist and Sport Rider magazine as they are running comparison tests this month.

Oh, and if this is your first bike, I highly recommend taking a Motorcycle Safety Foundation class at one of your local colleges as the knowledge and skills you gain from it just might save a very important life - your own.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a CBR 954. The bike is awesome. Especially when I crack the throttle is second gear and the front lofts up nice and smooooooth.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Oh, I hope you guys getting and R1 or a GSXR 750 have pretty good experience on a bike. If it's your first bike and you are getting machine of this caliber, you WILL get hurt or die. Corners will get you! Start on something used and smaller. The squids have been warned!

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Originally posted by YELSLOWFOCUS:
how do you like the buell compard to other bikes how do you like its handling , speed , and throttle response? Its kinda a funny i started contemplating a buell last night

adam
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Buell handling and brakes are excellent; its not wildly fast, maybe in the range of the mid-pack 600s--but that is certainly fast enough to be entertaining. They have a bunch of torque and only go to like 6500-7000rpm, but you are never more than a downshift from the "right" gear. There are just a TON of things to make the XL engine faster too; that is if you want to spend the money...

I like sportbikes, but living in Milwaukee means that there are a lot of Harley events--like the 100th. Having the Buell allows me to fully particiate in all of that.

If you are looking at new Buells--the XBs--they are alot different than my M2. They are about the best handling bike you can buy--right up there with Ducati. They weigh next to nothing (385lbs)and have amazing brakes and a pretty revvy motor--for a Harley. They are too small for me however (6'6")--too bad. A bargain at $9900--with low APR % right now too.
XB9R

XB9S

[ 04-28-2003, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Auto-X-ZTS ]

·
Registered
364 Posts
Originally posted by YELSLOWFOCUS:
Well since i have to return my car to stock now, and i get an R1 does anyone on here have bikes? later

adam
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">why do you have to return your car to stock???

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have already completed the MSF did that before even thinking about riding. I rode a 1997 cbr f3 600 for awhile and then started on the R1 i have been riding the R1 for awhile (its my uncles) now I am buying it off of him. I love the R1 the deal on the buell is that i want to stay in domestic disturbance but that problem is solved so the R1 is is.

adam

·
Registered
195 Posts
YELSLOWFOCUS ... didn't really understand that reply - you want to stay in domestic disturbance? is this a ref' to some vernacular of which I'm unaware (because I'm old and outta' touch?)

Anyway...

Another biker here...

My wife just sold her starter bike - Nighthawk 250
I'm in the process of selling my starter bike - Honda Pacific Coast (600cc grocery getter)

We're buying a Ducati 620ie Monster for her and I'm still tempted (but not decided) by the Suzuki Hayabusa 1300 mmmm.... would make a great (fast) sport tourer.

Have fun on your bike... I would highly rec' leathers... we had ours made at Z Custom in L.A. they're pricey but beautiful and they'll do the job of keeping your skin on your bones when you hit the pavement!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sorry my post is confusing go into lone star Domestic Disturbance is a car club i am in
Yes leathers and helmet a must, one of the conditons i have always had. I'm to pretty to die
thats awesome that so many people have bikes on here, and the reason that i have to make the focus stock is it is a deal i made with the old lady. I get stock focus and R1
and she gets a new f150 and a new kitchen table, so it all works out
she said it was either one or the other so i think i made a good choice, although i will probably leave the UDP and Shifter and exhaust on.

2001_Yellow_zx3 do you have any dampener on your bike? I have heard about the r1 and r6 getting kinda squirrely i have the scotts to go on mine

adam

1 - 18 of 18 Posts