Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really understand if the mounts would provide a more confortable ride or if it would increase the vibration throughout the whole car but lower the engine vibration.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
It more solidly mounts the motor to the car which INCREASES the transfer of vibrations from the motor too the car.

I love the feeling but it would be described as decreasing the comfort of the car.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yeah you're gonna get vibrations that you don't feel with the stock mount--since it's soft

Since the VF mount is stiffer the vibrations will be felt

BUT the shifts (with a manual tranny) are better & feel more positive since there's less engine movement

Personally though...the vibrations drove me nuts at stop lights & I took the mount out after 2 months and went back to the stock (lower rear) mount

·
Registered
508 Posts
just a question did you ever have the idle raised with the mounts it seems to me it would take care of that shaking problem at the lights and stopping where the idle drops?

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
not a comfort mod.
so you're an uncomfortable mod then?

Mine shakes pretty bad. Hopefully when the time comes for tuning I will get the idle raised ever so slightly.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yeah a raised idle would take care of the vibrations

It's the (low) stock idle with the VF rear mount that made it vibrate bad

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
Mine is perfect now with the Cossie flash and the lower mount installed.

It sure would be nice if there was a passenger side engine mount from VF Eng for the Duratecs though.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
It sure would be nice if there was a passenger side engine mount from VF Eng for the Duratecs though.

>8^)
ER
ditto

1 - 12 of 12 Posts