Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does an aftermarket all black grill exist for the Focus ST? I have a 2005 Black Focus ST and am looking for a black grill that is similar to the black OEM grill that comes on non-black STs minus the gay chrome outline.

Thanks.

·
EAT MORE CORN DAMNIT!!!!
3,070 Posts
I believe if you can find one from a regular focus, the inserts just pop out...

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
paint it black.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Your ST came with a chrome-egded grille like the S, SE, or SES tirm levels? I thought part of getting the ST meant you get a black, silver, red or grey color-matched grille trim?!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i think hes looking for a solid black grill. every st ive seen has had a paintmatched grill. i would just paint it dude.

·
Registered
285 Posts
A painted to match grill is a part of the ST package. If the grill on your '05 ST isn't all black, I start asking questions at the dealership.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
A painted to match grill is a part of the ST package. If the grill on your '05 ST isn't all black, I start asking questions at the dealership.
well the outer edge would be black, but the inner part is silver on the st

·
Registered
285 Posts
My bad, I thought that all ST grills were completely matched. I just bought a silver on for my ZX3, it is completely silver, inside and out.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
You would have to pop the inside "mesh" pattern out of a non-ST grille and then put it on your ST grille.

BUT the problem is that that the "mesh" pattern doesn't come off the grille (it's a one time thing....goes on, but doesn't come off)

I put an ST grille on my '05 and wanted to put the black "mesh" pattern from my stock chrome grille on my ST grille (instead of silver "mesh") on it, but it won't come off without damaging the grille, which I'm not gonna do.

just a heads up

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
actually, i think he has an ST focus, but the surround is black, but the mesh is silverish. you would need to find a stock S, SE, or SES grill and just swap the surroundsa nd you should be good to go.

Brent

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Right but like I said....

To swap the surround...you need to pop out the "mesh" and it doesn't just pop out.
It's a one time insert kind of thing from the factory. You could try and pry it out from the like 10 clips, but you'll probably break something.

Unless you just wanna break it out and then glue it in the other grille

1 - 13 of 13 Posts