Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I have not posted here in a little over a year, but I have a focus sedan that I need to sell. I moved to Europe to work, and it looks like I will be here another 2 to 3 years. It costs too much to have it shipped here, so I think I will just sell. I feel bad about that because I put in a lot of time and work, not to mention money, into building my car. I miss driving it.

Basically, could you suggest an amount that I could sell the car for? This is the first time I had my car modified with after market parts, so I am not sure what to expect. Here are some pics, and a list of modifications. The car is in excellent shape, and well taken care of. About 40,000 miles. About 155 fwhp.

Mods:
Black Sony Focus/Sedan 5-speed
H&R Coilover Suspension, Eibach Swaybars, FocusSport Sress Bar
Wings West Body Kit
Mille Miglia Evos (17x7 wheels/45mm offset)
Kuhmo Ecsta Supra 712 205/45-17
EBC Green Pads and Turbo Groove Rotors
Hella Dual Headlights
Speciality Fab Longtube header, MBRP Cat-back, Injen CAI
Ported & Polished Head w/oversized valves
Kent Cams
65mm throttle body
Ess. UDP
Magnecor 8.5mm Sparkplug Wires w/autolite platnuim plugs, custom chip

·
Registered
406 Posts
Why.. Oh why would you sell that car.. apparently you've made it a little faster than stock, its not ricey, its clean, and those wheels befit that car... I'll trade ya...

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
most of the time you dont get much for aftermarket stuff. unless an enthustiest buys the car. your best bet would be to part it ou and sell it as stock

G

·
0 Posts
Nice clean set up is not easy to find these days...

This is a very pretty sedan

=dRe=

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, Folks. I wish I could bring it out here, but it will cost about $6,000 to have it shipped from Detroit. And I don't have the time to strip it back down to stock because I am working in Europe. The car is at my parents in Detroit. So do you think I could get about 12,000 to 13,000 for the car?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sweet looking ride.

Careful with those Evo5 wheels. They are soft. I have them on my Tiburon and damaged one. Once the repair shop saw the make of the wheel he declined to fix it. He said they were too soft to heat to attempt to bend back into shape and they wouldn't be able to match the color.

Good thing they are only $180 a pop from Tirerack.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
that is one of the sweetest sedans I've seen. Very nice.

Hope all goes well with the selling of the car.

·
Registered
295 Posts
If it were a base Focus Sony Sedan with that many miles (its not a lot but not a little) I would think in the 6,000's in light of all the deals going on with brand new cars and our bad economy.

Though the car looks so good and the parts are so valuable that to find the right buyer you should be able to get $10,000 to $12,000.

Where are the best internet sites to list cars? I'd suggest listing the costs/value with all the modifications.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Seems the best thing to do is part your car out, I completely agree. You'll get much more for the parts then selling the car. There doesnt seem to be much of a market for our cars. Trade-in value is poor. Btw, if you end up parting it out...id like to purchase your wheels and maybe headlights.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Originally posted by Fordowner:
If it were a base Focus Sony Sedan with that many miles (its not a lot but not a little) I would think in the 6,000's in light of all the deals going on with brand new cars and our bad economy.

Though the car looks so good and the parts are so valuable that to find the right buyer you should be able to get $10,000 to $12,000.

Where are the best internet sites to list cars? I'd suggest listing the costs/value with all the modifications.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Any aftermarket part is going to lower the value of the car. You will be lucky if you get blue book value.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I'm all over your car!! Nothing better than a clean 4dr. Great work too bad your thinkin about sellin.

on your work.!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Boy, that doesn't sound too good. Maybe I'm just better off keeping it in the garage until I return. Or maybe I'll try a relative. The thing is that I put in about 10,000 into the car. The insides of the car look pretty hooked up also -- including Cordeau seats (which are awesome by the way).
Thanks for your help and suggestions -- Sartre

1 - 20 of 20 Posts