Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Illage Vidiot
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my blinker does not turn off anymore after going around turns, it does not make that clicking noise anymore.... How do i fix it to where when i turn it goes off

·
Registered
61 Posts
Check your hazard switch, mine had similar problems and it was the switch not plugged in enuf.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
your sliding contact is broken. you have to remove the air bag and stering wheel. then you will see the broken part. if you are under warenty bring it in. other wise go to your ford dealer and order a sliding contact. its the part that alows power to the horn and airbag. its basicly a wire al wound up so the steering wheel can turn

btw this is not a mayby. i know this is the problem. it hapened on my focus and i have fixed it on another focus

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Actually, the part called a sliding contact went away when the airbag came out. It is now called a clockspring. Second, if the problem is Your blinker keeps flashing when it should've cancelled, then the clockspring will need to be replaced because the plastic piece that hits the cancelling lever on the flasher switch is broken, but if the blinkers just stay falshing even after the switch has cancelled, You have other issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts