Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some problems with by blower belt rubbing. I'm on my 3rd belt now and I can't figure out what it's rubbing on. Does anyone else have this problem or does anyone have any suggestions on where this could possibly be rubbing. This is really getting frustrating now and I need to get things sorted out before stage 3 comes out

·
Registered
612 Posts
On the bracket there are several screws holding the charger to the bracket, make sure they arent loose and sticking out.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I remember reading this is in a previous thread:

Check the bolts on the mounting braket to the SC when I was at FS last week we found that 2 of the bolts had the wrong length bolts put in an they where rubbing on the pulley and belt. I would check there first.
and

they where on the main bracket that holds the blower to the engine. There are 6 bolts that screw threw the bracket into the blower housing there are 4 behind the pulley 2 are short and 2 are longer. On mine the 2 long ones had the short bolts installed instead, which puts them in at only 1 thread so they came loose and started rubbing. Vic fixed it while I was at FS. He also informed VF of the problem to they could check the rest of the kits and make sure this does not happen again.

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
You have one of the first kits William, be sure to check out what the guys noted and let us know.

Also, make sure that your clamp that holds the diverter valve in place isn't touching the belt, they are very close on the stage 1 pulley and if you aren't careful with the installation, they may be rubbing.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked at the diverter valve clamp already and it doesn't SEEM to be touching but I will double check again and check out the bracket bolts as well. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
William check the alliment of the belt from the blower pulley to the altinator pulley. I noticed that mine did not line up right with the belt on the blower pulley in the 5 groves next to the blower and I had to move it to the 5 grove at the edge of the pulley and now it works much better. I had very excessive ware before and now the belt looks great. From what I remember the instructions say that you should have 1 grove showing on the end of the pulley when it is installed correctly. Mine has 1 grove showing next to the blower.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The first two belts were installed like that....with the 1 groove showing next to the blower but the engine side of the belt suffered damage. I have it positioned closest to the blower now and it did still rub when I first put it on but I refitted the diverter valve yesterday and it seems to be running fine now. I guess I'll have to see how it goes. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
You should have the belt running closest to to supercharger side.
NOT the engine side.

Meaning the extra groove remaining on the pulley should be on the engine side.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's how it is now so hopefully I'll be ok. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess it's back to the drawing board....my belt started rubbing again. However, this time it didn't seem too bad and it only started when I cut the a/c on.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took the blower off and reinstalled it to make sure that it was aligned properly and put on the new belt. So far it is running fine with no rubbing so hopefully it's ok now. I guess we'll have to just wait and see. On another note, I probably might soon need a new header tho because the extra heat is really showing its toll on my Focus Central race header

1 - 13 of 13 Posts