Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna runn summ NOS^ Yo...cuz NAAWWSSSS is like wow you push and baammm!wow fast. but like I know of I tune it back I can run 9's but what about the welds on the intake manifold.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im having FocussportVP look into this problem for me... my intake is in 7 pieces right now...the welds just blew apart..and he'll have to replace the piston rings I fried.

·
Registered
860 Posts
While I understand the reference, this post has me slightly confused...Although its mildly amusing at 3:42am (according to my computer)

...Ive been trying to resist the urge to scratch the nitrous itch since I parked this thing in my driveway...Its so tempting...

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
see if the NX direct port of NOS noszle will fit. I'm in love with both these systems, and the NOS comes with window and wot swithces

Plus when i get my duratec, i want soimoene else to already have run this system.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Give me two of the large ones.. and I need them tonight!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
see if the NX direct port of NOS noszle will fit. I'm in love with both these systems, and the NOS comes with window and wot swithces

Plus when i get my duratec, i want soimoene else to already have run this system.
if you can send me the systems for free I would be happy to test them, thanks bud!

·
Registered
5,446 Posts

The big thing is that the fuel rail would have to be pushed out an inch from where it's mounted on the head to make room for the nitrous crap. Zetec guys didn't have room for it without hitting the firewall. SInce the duratec sits 180 degrees around, I don't think you'll have that issue.

Take a look, can teh fuel rail be pushed out? If it can, go wtih these guys. They fit around the injectors so they are, for all practical purposes, as safe (from a puddlign standpoint) as runnign N/A

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to FocussportVPz house and he left the kitchen in a storm and told me "make your own god damn popcorn" then left his house..

·
Registered
860 Posts
I went to FocussportVPz house and he left the kitchen in a storm and told me "make your own god damn popcorn" then left his house..
...So you had the house all to yourself???? ...PARTY!!!!

...Oh, and yeah, I think theres plenty of room to move the fuel rail out...

(...Supercharger or nitrous, supercharger or nitrous...)

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Stick, You run a noszle and then go to supercharger down the line.

Why? Several reasons. First of all, for those of us who're gonna crank up the boost at the track (and who doesn't at least WANT to change pulleys when they get there?)we're gonna be making more heat. GUess what I call a 25-50 shot? MMMM cooling charge.

ANd beyond that...why the hell not? As well as several other more 'technical' reasons. Being a tinkerer I'm sure you can think of a couple, hit me up on PM if you wanna discuss them (as i plan on doing this myself when i snag my mazda 3 whenever i manage to do that)

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Egz, the important part is that the cheapie direct port systems (the ones whose Nitrous injectors fit around the fuel injectors) should work great on the duratecs whereas short of a full on custom, you couldnt' do this with a zetec. (wink wink nudge nudge). Also I dont' want to be the first to run this on a 2.3 since mine is at LEAST 9 months away from being in my garage.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What in the hell Vince?

Leave me out of your crazy crack cocaine induced threads.

I wasn't even gonna look at this thread, but then I couldn't help myself. I tried, though, I really did.
next your gonna tell everyone when you got back that night and saw my new rims you didnt tell me "whats the retail on 4 of those"?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Stick, You run a noszle and then go to supercharger down the line.
Heh...I think you just wanna see me split my engine block open like a ripe melon...

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Until I get my duratec (whichever car it's in...hell if i know), i live vicariously through you. ANd if htat means 'my' first split block is paid for by you, well, I can live with that.

Actually it's more hte fact that if you run the noszle you end up with what is essentially three concentric injectors per cylinder.

Nitrous, water, methanol, toluene, race gas, urine...you see where i'm goign here?

I've practically got my underwear in a knot trying not to explode waiting to try some of hte possibilities out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts