Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where to get a decent bucket of predigested whey protien? my retailer recently went out of business... i was previously getting a 10lb bucket at right around 40$ +shipping

·
Guido Tower!
418 Posts
i get ON Gold Standard from GNC. advice....dont buy the cookies and cream....just dont do it. i also just upped my protein intake from my food and saw bigger gains from doing that

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the advice... GNC is just too much for my budget, i have used cryosport from the vitamin shoppe before and its not bad but ever since American Protein closed there doors i have been dropping 60-80$ on a 10lb bucket and my pocket book is gettin real sick of it... to up my protein from food intake i eat alot of cheap tuna bought in bulk from costco, i keep it hood :lol: other protein sources like beef and chicken are just way to expensive on my limited budget... im right in the neighborhood of nearly 100gs of protein a day... 50 of that comes in shake form as soon as the weights hit the floor its nothing but whole D milk and powder lol...

·
Registered
466 Posts
It's kinda tough to find a 10lb bucket of good whey protein for around $40 at GNC. I'm 5'10" 175 and I do about 25-30g of whey protein powder (mixed with water) and then another 110-115g of protein from other sources like chicken, fish, etc. I'm using Myofusion right now. It's pretty decent, has amino acids, and sits around $45 with the gold card (6lb bucket).

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
see i was hoping someone had a private retailer... my hook up i found on ebay and after a year or so of constant ordering the lady started offering me really great rates... months before she filed for bankruptcy she offered me a 5 10lb buckets for 20 a piece but i just didnt have the money at the time... im wishing now i would have picked it up... dude if youre 5'10 and 175 you can def handle a solid 40-50gs after a work out, cycle it at that amount for 4 weeks and i promise youll see some decent gains... ive done nearly 60gs after a work out when training for competition without wanting to vomit lol...

·
Registered
466 Posts
I was doing closer to 60g a little while back and I just seemed to get wider in the waist along with gaining in the areas I wanted to target. So I cut back for a little bit to trim. I'm going to end up taking your advise and adding about 10g to my daily dose. Believe it or not, about 9 months ago I was only 150. Hope in the next few months to breach the 180 mark and start heading toward 190.

P.S. I'm sorry to hear about how all that went down with your supplier. It sounds like you had everything pretty laid out.

·
Registered
144 Posts
check out puritan.com or vitacost.com they have a lot to choose from at a fraction of the price. im starting to train for the the tough mudder event coming to seattle in september. ive been a lazy ass all winter. im going to do insanity for a second time just to get warmed up. has any one of you heard about this "athlean-x" on you tube? looks legit but idk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts