Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone with a 2001 ford focus has ever had there engine bog out in a pretty good s turn. Coming into the second turn my car just bogs with the peddle pressed all the way down. It has only done it once and I cant figure out what it is. All I have done to the engin in AEM CAI and a catback exhuast. Any guesses. could it have to do with the fact that my car sits all week long and I only drive it on weekends? Hit me up

·
Registered
193 Posts
I know the early focuses had problems with the fuel pump not pumping in turns.

·
Registered
122 Posts
it's the fuel pump. Mine did it too. It's a 2000. Just take it to the dealer and have one of them go on a test drive with you. Then take a sharp turn and show them what it does. It will convince them. Most of the time it's repaired under warranty. Mine was repaired under the extended warranty because they said it was manufacturer defect.

[ 02-20-2003, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: fastfocus1 ]

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
First, do a Search here for "Fuel Pump", and you'll read alot about it.
Second, when you Test Drive w/ the Service rep, have about 1/8 Tank of Fuel.
Turn in a Tight Right Hand Circle w/ Throttle On, and it'll Sputter plenty...

No Biggie if they fix it...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot for the advice.I read somewhere that the AEM CAI and a catback exhaust wouldnt effect the warrenty on the car. Has anyone had problems with that at the dealership??? If they dont cover it how much do they run to have them put in?

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
They should cover it w/o issue. It's a "Known Problem".
If you're still in your Warranty period, they HAVE to prove that the Modification caused the problem. Too many stock Foci have had the problem for them to have a case...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot for your help. I feel much more confident going in there and talking about it with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts