Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I dont know what this is, I live in GA, and for those of you from GA you know how the I-285 curve is going from I-75 south, well anyway its like a turn around curve, I just got my coil overs put on today so im trying them out going up the curve and the car starts to bog, I get scard and shift down into 2nd come off the clutch car bogs even more, like it wasnt getting ANY air at all. Its doen this before but I didnt know if I had ****ed something up or not, has anyone had this before??? Oh and after these guys put on my coilovers my key WOULD NOT go into the ignition properly anymore, i started trying to bend it a bit and now it goes in better but i was thinking that the suspension might have done something to it, let me know if any of you have heard of this.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Sounds like the infamous fuel pump issue.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel pump, ill look into that, it only happens when im going up a hill or something, but any more sugestions guys?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
it aint got no gas in it...

sorry. good movie. i couldnt resist...

·
Registered
135 Posts
how could the coilovers affect the ignition switch? that makes no sense whatsoever.

nody needs to even look at your ignition lock to put coilovers on the car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea i know, but i was having a funny problem with the ignition after they were put on so i didnt know, but what abou the bogging. It did it again today, everytime i go around a hard steap curve it seems to bog, but only when its hard and steep, not when its a regualr curve or anything, and when it comes out of it its fine, anyone know whats going on?

Brian

·
Registered
786 Posts
Originally posted by focuSTZ:
everytime i go around a hard steap curve it seems to bog, but only when its hard and steep, not when its a regualr curve or anything, and when it comes out of it its fine, anyone know whats going on?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Take it to your dealer, tell them this, and they'll replace your fuel pump (or do it yourself). Been there, done that. Exact same symptoms.

Another account of the same symptoms:
http://www.focaljet.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=011659#000001

[ 03-28-2003, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Discord ]

·
Registered
112 Posts
its a known consern as far as the ignition cylinder. You need to get it replaced soon. Or it will lock up completely and you will have to put a new column in it too.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Definately the fuel pump:

moving to problems/service/recalls

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.