Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Illage Vidiot
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not know what forum to put this in but here it goes. I was wondering what engine bolt-ons that will be replaced when you install a turbo system like the F-max and the Gude systems? I was really looking at the Gude, but my mind is not set on one. It looks like the cold air intake would be replaced any other parts?. What about throttle body? What about mass air flow sensor? Also on either of them can you put a race header on with the turbo. has anyone tested the new ford racing head with these turbos and if so what cams and internal parts (connecting rods, pistons,and any i have missed) are the best to be install with the head and any turbo? Is a crank shaft really needed, i have seen a billet one on a website (really expensive)
What bolt-ons or engine mods should i look to be doing when purchasing these kits. Can a nitrous oxide sytem be safely run with a turbo? I was looking at the Venom kit.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't know too much about what would be replaced as far as bolt-on's go but I can tell you that I've always been told that a really good exhaust system is a must when running a turbo. Also I would reccommend going with the Nitrous Express kit over the Venom kit if you're going to do NOS. I haven't heard too much about the Venom kit but I know if you do a search for Nitrous Express out here then you will see that it's the most popular way to go. I have a NX Kit and I love mine. As far as the billet crank goes. I would say that it depends on how much boost you're planning on pushing. I know guys that are pushing about 9 PSI on stock internals and getting great horsepower figures. I don't know how much the stock crank can hold though. I'm actually building a WRC motor right now that I plan on turboing, but it's going to be completely built, upper and lower end. Depending on how much boost you're going to be pushing, I might suggest some new pistons too, to lower compression. Hope that helps man.

[ 03-28-2003, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: fastfocus1 ]

·
Registered
457 Posts
Headers and replaced with a turbo manifold with most kits, cold air intake would be removed. As far as I know the intake manifold would not change. Beyond that, I can't think of anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts