Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put my FocusSport Cool Flo ITG Filter on the end of my Bomz CAI because I heard it flows better. Anyway, I had to buy this rubber pipe connecter that connects 3" Diameter to 2" Diameter to get it to fit. I fire it up and drive into town and my A/F guage is showing Stoich and Rich and rarely if at all is going into the red (lean) even on hard down shifts. Also, when accelerating normally it has a tendency to go rich as if I was at WOT. Anyone know what's going on?

My only guess is inorder to get it all to fit between the Bomz pipe and fender was to shove the rubber pipe connector far back on the pipe so the ITG filter wouldn't be smashed up against the inside of the fender. Would this disrupt the air flow going into the Bomz CAI?

Any help would be rad! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I just put my FocusSport Cool Flo ITG Filter on the end of my Bomz CAI because I heard it flows better. Anyway, I had to buy this rubber pipe connecter that connects 3" Diameter to 2" Diameter to get it to fit. I fire it up and drive into town and my A/F guage is showing Stoich and Rich and rarely if at all is going into the red (lean) even on hard down shifts. Also, when accelerating normally it has a tendency to go rich as if I was at WOT. Anyone know what's going on?

My only guess is inorder to get it all to fit between the Bomz pipe and fender was to shove the rubber pipe connector far back on the pipe so the ITG filter wouldn't be smashed up against the inside of the fender. Would this disrupt the air flow going into the Bomz CAI?

Any help would be rad! Thanks guys!
Maybe the bomz intake in the incorrect size for the MAFS. That's the only thing that could really be causing it. Maybe the MAFS doesn't fit in there quite right...i don't know, I would expect much out of a $50 part.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I think the solution to your problem can be found in your Kent cam gears.

·
Registered
60 Posts
you might be rich but you can't count on a a/f gauge they are not accurate at all if you had a pyro meter you would have better idea . i run an a/f gauge but that was cause of bad info i got.but you may try changing the filter see what happens.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses guys. I guess I forgot to mention...I've been rolling with the bomz CAI with the K&N style filter it comes with for a good 4,000 miles with no problems. I just figured I'd change over because I read the ITG flows better. This "too rich" problem has happened just after the switch.

Oh and Charles...no more Truck radiator hose!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Thanks for the responses guys. I guess I forgot to mention...I've been rolling with the bomz CAI with the K&N style filter it comes with for a good 4,000 miles with no problems. I just figured I'd change over because I read the ITG flows better. This "too rich" problem has happened just after the switch.

Oh and Charles...no more Truck radiator hose!
That's really odd....i'd say perhaps you should look at some of your other mods. Bring it to a dyno tuner, they can most likely fix you right up.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Put the old filter on and see if it goes away..

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
tune it on a dyno and ensure your a/f ratios are acurate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts