Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bomz cai broke on me today. t broke at the weld connecting the lower bracket to the tubing. anyone know a way to fix it? I am afraid that it will come loose when i am driving and fall off

·
Registered
889 Posts
I would get one of those really long wire ties or some people call them Zip ties, rap it around the tube and through the hole in the subframe. I'm sure that will work, that's the first thing i could think of off the top of my head. good luck

·
Registered
733 Posts
Use a zip tie...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Mine did that too so I ordered another one.
It snapped again after I tried to weld it. This second one has a 'Warrenty' from the guy on eBay so if it snaps I'll complain. The things we'll do to save money...

hah!

-jesse

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
How are they snapping?? Is the bracket bolted onto the frame or engine block without a rubber washer??

I know that they vibrate, and was curious if a couple of rubber washers would prevent the bracket from snapping again?

·
Registered
733 Posts
The weld on the lower pipe is tremdously weak and prone to bend and thus break off... Quite a pain in the butt. but frankly for the price what can you expect. Like i said before zip tie the thing to the frame and your set.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
I made a custom "flex mount" for the lower mounting point of my AEM (100mph tape) Been driving that way for months. The connection to the TB and the upper mount to the coil pack are enough to hold it on. Mine never broke but one day I noticed the little rubber doohicky was missing from the lower mount.

I imagine a Z-eng. motor mount or the bushing set would solve this particular problem.

G

·
0 Posts
Bomz doesn't seem to come with the rubber bushing for mounting. Mine is racerdesign, it comes with some rubber bushings. But, for second precaution I will put the zip tie as well

=dRe=

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
do they make a polished bomz intake?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Originally posted by Focus Addict:
Does this mean I shouldn't buy it?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">nope since they only cost 100 bucks a pop...just buy 10
just trying add some humor to an answered thread

·
Registered
25 Posts
i just bought one today- that was part of the reason i held off- i'm thinking maybe be a little pro-active and throw some JBweld on there before i put it on. figure it can't hurt-

·
Registered
55 Posts
the problem with the bomz and the AEM is that the bottom bracket sticks out to the side. so when your car bounces, the motion makes your intake bounce which makes the bottome bracket flex. find a way to secure the tube from the top, and you'll be all day.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Originally posted by Indish:
the problem with the bomz and the AEM is that the bottom bracket sticks out to the side. so when your car bounces, the motion makes your intake bounce which makes the bottome bracket flex. find a way to secure the tube from the top, and you'll be all day.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It's connected to the frame though, not the suspension. It may be getting vibrations but I don't think it's flexing.

·
I'm Not Better Than You Since I Drive a Porsche, I
3,343 Posts
Mine just broke today, I think it happened this morning on my way to work, I had to take a detour and went over some rail road tracks, and I didn't notice in time. (I was tired) Anyway, I got home from work, and needed to add windshield washer fluid, that is when I noticed the broken bracket. It had to have happened today, because it was still clean looking. Anyway, I got a welder in my garage,and I will fix it this weekend.

·
Registered
102 Posts
any weling shop can fix it in 2 mins.. and most likly for free or really cheap... what size pipe is that anyways? 2.5 inch or 3 inch?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts