Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with these gears, i know the intake isnt the best quality, any feedback is appreciated.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
I thought walmart had exclusive rights to urban audio and Krako. Bomz is for Target.

stay far away, prally made of plastic.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Great, another cheap eBay knockoff to kill off the retailers.
Pretty soon WalMart will be selling Bomz products...
most people are learning about the bomz products the hard way. I bought the CAI and the lower arm broke and the filter is all rusty. I live in GA and had it on for 6 months. replacing it with a quality part. I just wish that the other companies would get the point that more people would pay a little less. there needs to be a happy medium between the two. 250-300 for 4 whp is silly (even though I did it anyway)

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heheheheh, guess no one has used them?

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
look up fidanza cam gears... about $180 for the pair.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
95 dollars for a pair does seem shady.. or is it lower lol

·
I can do no WRONG
1,356 Posts
Great, another cheap eBay knockoff to kill off the retailers. Pretty soon WalMart will be selling Bomz products...
Although I feel for you Ray, the fact is that parts for the focus are too damn expensive!! Go look in your Summit catalog for things that cost what they should....for V8s. But if the Zetec stays popular for tuning for a long enough time, we should start seeing inexpensive parts that don't suck.

As for the Bomz cam gears? I'll buy a set.....as soon as some other people do and say they're good.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Great, another cheap eBay knockoff to kill off the retailers. Pretty soon WalMart will be selling Bomz products...
Although I feel for you Ray, the fact is that parts for the focus are too damn expensive!! Go look in your Summit catalog for things that cost what they should....for V8s. But if the Zetec stays popular for tuning for a long enough time, we should start seeing inexpensive parts that don't suck.

As for the Bomz cam gears? I'll buy a set.....as soon as some other people do and say they're good.
Obviously you've never seen parts for Hondas..... Focus parts are damn cheap comparitively!

·
I can do no WRONG
1,356 Posts
Obviously you've never seen parts for Hondas..... Focus parts are damn cheap comparitively

Yes, Honda parts are expensive. Because they are imported . We drive a common domestic car.

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts
Mustangs and Camaro's have a HUGE aftermarket. And they're all made by big aftermarket companies. So instead of getting a K&N FIPK for a LT1 Camaro for half the price you can get a Moroso CAI which is exactly the same. I don't think we have that option. Besides I don't think parts for the Focus are exactly expensive. When small companies are making parts for the Focus they can't exactly give them away for cheap. And if you want quality you're gonna have to pay up. Compare a Edelbrock or Ford Racing Shorty header and the accesories they come with to the SSAuto Crome header sold on ebay. Have you seen the ports on that thing? Disgusting! And people still buy them all the time. Wow they're crome. The only thing that would make me happy was if a High Flow Cat wasn't $300 for the Focus. That pisses me off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts