Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bone Stock Zetec w/ Tom\'s Stg. 1 Does 200HP

just got back from toms after a little work and a tuneup. tom converted my stg 1 to blow through and added a greddy type-s bov. dyno tuning was done in 55% humidity and ambient temps of upper 90s on his dynojet. ill post the dyno when i get back home in a couple days and can use a scanner. the car made 200 at the wheels just above 6k rpm where we cut. may have had more but this is my daily driver and a foremost concern is reliability. max torque came at 5k, 188 ft lbs; 150+ from 3.7k rpm. this is nonic, stock zetec longblock, on 93 oct at 10psi. have had the kit on now for 25k pleasurable miles. thanks tom, happy birthday thomas.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Re: Bone Stock Zetec w/ Tom\'s Stg. 1 Does 200HP

w00t. Now just install that Quaife'd tranny I sold you and you're good to go.

You were at 178ish @ 9 PSI before right?

Nice to know you still exist Zach
BTW, your nu.gg server is down

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

nick, it was his birthday on friday.

unfortunately, yes, my server is down and i cant host this dyno i just scanned. hope to remedy that soon.

but yea, still saving for and deciding on a clutch and then i hope to recruit dannys help to put that tranny in. its been a long, steady build up but absolutely pays dividends.. 230am and im fighting the itch to go drive

·
Registered
7,351 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts

is it just my imagination or do all turbo tom kit dyno charts stop BEFORE the stock rev limit? what gives? if you can't rev to the stock limit i'd say the car is being pushed too hard.
either that or the graph looks crappy at the top end.
i am curious though.

·
Registered
374 Posts

that looks like a supercharger dyno, do you have boost readings to rpm by any chance? you seem to be reaching full boost around 5k(your highest torque) what exhaust are you running? the reason why I ask is I made 199 tq at 4365rpm and 178.5hp at 5178rpm at only 5.8psi with full boost at 3915rpm on all stock internals and a crappy tune. isn't boost fun

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

pharaoh, feel free to ask tom. its easy to find him at ff.

cosworth, sorry no boost by rpm. are you using toms kit or something else entirely?

·
Registered
272 Posts

ff?
no thanks. of course there are some good people there, but overall i don't prefer it compared to fj. anyway i'm sure tom will e-mail me - last time i breathed his name i had an e-mail in less than 10 minutes.

·
Registered
101 Posts

Scott, here is your dyno that Randy was talking to you about the other day. He told me to send it to you and I forgot, sorry.
Better late than never.

The HP is 190.8 and TQ is 193.5 to the wheels.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

damn scott, didnt realize you have the full kit. how much boost are you running right now?

·
Registered
7,351 Posts

Ouch. Now that looks crappy. Was he drunk when he tuned that?

·
Banned
2,246 Posts

damn scott, didnt realize you have the full kit. how much boost are you running right now?
8psi or so. me and randy had a hell of a time with my car last year when we tuned it. I think he did a good job given the circumstances. I know for a fact it was his first (and maybe only?) kit from tom that hes tuned, and we all know he isn't a big fan of non-ford MAFs

We lost a lot of time because I had a bad wastegate, then some other things so like I said, I don't think many others would have done much better except probably Tom. He had a REALLY long weekend working on at least 2 other cars besides mine, and I know I remember his day was creeping well past the 12 hour mark when we finished.

So cut him some slack! hehe. when I can afford it I am gonna get the kinks worked out.

My car is a special situation and anyone that wants to talk [censored] about it (I know how you are
) can take it to me via pm's, im not gonna go over my car's life in a thread that has nothing to do with me

·
Registered
272 Posts

man, you just made me lose a bet with another mod that said you would chime in with some negative remark.
i guess the other mods were right about you.
oh well lesson learned.

crap nevermind, i see you are the focuspower webguy. i should have known damnit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts