Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bored my tb out and reset the comp buuuttt it still idles very high (1000-1500)as a result my cel comes on i have tried to reset the comp several times help help help

·
Registered
389 Posts
There has to be a VERY close fit around the throttle plate. Any stray air leakage and your idle will remain high. I had that problem when I first bored mine.

That goes for ANY air leaks after the MAF. If you don't have a good seal between the TB and manifold you will get a high idle.

It should not take any driving around for your idle to be below 1000 RPM.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Originally posted by artin:
tps = throttle position sensor

mess with the screww till you get your desired idle
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">mess w/the screw? dont mess w/the screw...this car's idle is controlled by the ecu. adj'g the idle screw wont accomplish anythin other than 2 get u farther from ur real problem. if u did go 2 far w/ur port work, that will cause a prob. reset the ecu, make sure the tps is hooked up properly, make sure ur idle screw is back where it should b, and start over.

-Ult

·
Registered
452 Posts
Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by artin:
tps = throttle position sensor

mess with the screww till you get your desired idle
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">mess w/the screw? dont mess w/the screw...this car's idle is controlled by the ecu. adj'g the idle screw wont accomplish anythin other than 2 get u farther from ur real problem. if u did go 2 far w/ur port work, that will cause a prob. reset the ecu, make sure the tps is hooked up properly, make sure ur idle screw is back where it should b, and start over.

-Ult
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">this is true

1 - 6 of 6 Posts