Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to keep this at about the same loudness as the borla only, or do I need to go with shorty header and high flow cat? How much more power would a Race header make over a shorty/high flow cat? Thanks!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Couple things. First the only hi-flo cat available that bolts to the short headers is from Random Technologies and it cost as much if not more than the header, so cost wise, it's a bit much... Bosal is a few weeks(maybe longer) away from having their bolt on cat available, not sure how much it's going to cost.

Take a look at the FocusSport headers section, they publish their street header will give you 2-3 HP improvement, and their race header will add 6-7 HP on a "lightly modified" Focus.

Similar numbers should be expected on other street/short and race headers available.

Where you will pick up more HP is after you've done your exhaust mods(header, cat/no cat, flexpipe, catback), and you do adjustable cam gears. Tune them in and find lost HP.

Sound, you will definetly be louder with a race header. Short header and hi-flo cat, probably not as loud, but still louder than stock header, cat, and Borla...

Ask me again in a few weeks when I've put on my Ford Racing short header and Bosal cat, and flexpipe with the Magnaflow. Currently running just the Magnaflow.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Ray. I was thinking about that nice new Bosal cat too.... mmmmmm
I thought you had a short header on your car.

·
Registered
836 Posts
You can use the race header with the borla. Yes it will be loud, but there is a straight section in the exhaust that you can get a Magnaflow muffler or some kind of resignator installed to make it quiet without loosing the performance.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
It's Loud. Like Cop bait loud. But it's a deep loud. Now if I can stop that damn chattering sound from my fluke (It seems to be local only to my car) I'll be happier. But it's fast. Not scary fast, but fast

1 - 5 of 5 Posts