Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing a research on the internet to get a good price for the borla exhaust, and I saw that they sell the exhaust with a 3.5in. circle tip. Is this correct?? I didnt know borla made a 3.5in. circle tip.

I know the one borla makes on its website for the ford focus is a 2.5 in. so would a 3.5in tip would degrade the performance of the exhaust or what would it do to the car? I havent had any upgrades to the car, so would it fit to my stock car?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
An exhaust tip has nothing to do with the performance of the exhaust.

·
O .
2,372 Posts
ok the borla is 2.25" for the foci 00-03 i think but the tip doesn't matter at all the magnaflow and mbrp use a 4" tip.
all the tip does is give it looks nothin more. personally i like the little borla tip but i wish that someone would sell a zaust with a tip like the stock svt one

·
[FJ] Fail Brigade
4,986 Posts
ok the borla is 2.25" for the foci 00-03 i think but the tip doesn't matter at all the magnaflow and mbrp use a 4" tip.
all the tip does is give it looks nothin more. personally i like the little borla tip but i wish that someone would sell a zaust with a tip like the stock svt one
a'pexi makes a tip like the stock svt one

·
O .
2,372 Posts
why yes they do wow i feel dumb oh well it won;t werk with my 2.5" mbrp

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so if the tip is 3.5 it would fit the stock bumper?? I dont want to buy something that wont even fit on my car.

another question, I read on the duratec forum that the borla keeps the 2nd cat and that its a restriction, restriction for what? and what does that means? I am new at exhaust so I really dont know much, but I would like to have a better sound out of my exhaust and also some gain on hp. Heres the forum I am talking about http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showf...p;vc=1&nt=2

so if anyone can help me out with this I am very grateful... sorry for so many questions

·
Registered
326 Posts
better flowing exhaust gases = less backpressure on the motor = more horsepower...and the cat hinders the exhaust flow...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts