Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo jetters. 2 Borla sound clips for ya. mp3 160kbs format. I figured I'd make use of my minidisc recorder. This is my Borla exhaust on an automatic, with only an aem short ram. in the driveway clip, you won't here any aem because theres no strain on the engine, so no intake noise. The second one is going down my street and may have some intake sound along with the borla. enjoy!!!

Borla sound clip - in the driveway

borla sound clip - down the street

Jason

·
Registered
534 Posts
Sounds alomst like mine. But mine was custome bent like th HKS style. Very deep! anyway I'll try to get sound and pics tommarow. I need an email or someone to upload them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I want to hear the Borla with race headers or high flow cat...anybody?

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have the Borla exhaust and I love it. I may get a resonator once I put on the HighFlow cat, but I wouldn't trade it!! Yeah, there is some "droning" in 4th gear (MTX) but it goes away when you shift into 5th. Hell, that 's what my stereo is for

·
Registered
490 Posts
i have a borla and a fc race header. i love it. i first started it up and was like, that is 2 loud. but the more i drive it the more i love it. i find my self smiling because of the sound. iv only had it on for like 3 days now.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
started download
it sounds pretty good. it is real quiet, i had to turn up my spekers all the way. what did you do for the street one? drive over the mine disk player?

and i just listened to the next one: was that in a dyno cell. it sounded real echoy

[ 03-11-2003, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: zx3 focus racer ]

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Originally posted by tdot-zx3:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Paparoach:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Im sure youll take that back after you hear it</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ask and ye shall receive. I'm just glad they save us the pain of not going above like 3000 rpm! Borla With Race Header

·
Registered
871 Posts
Originally posted by Andy Smith:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by tdot-zx3:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Paparoach:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Im sure youll take that back after you hear it</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ask and ye shall receive. I'm just glad they save us the pain of not going above like 3000 rpm! Borla With Race Header</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">thanks as well! sounds nice!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
zx3 focus racer , the minidisc was on my front porch, about 30 yards from the road. so no... didn't make a sony pancake. and I didn't think the other clip was echoey. oh well. I guess thats what audiophile speakers do for ya. lol I hope this helps people decide what they want to buy. I know I wanted to hear a borla when I bought mine a while ago. no sound clips then. cheers everyone. time to wash my baby.

Jason

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Originally posted by llama_in_a_focus:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Andy Smith:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by tdot-zx3:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Im sure youll take that back after you hear it</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ask and ye shall receive. I'm just glad they save us the pain of not going above like 3000 rpm! Borla With Race Header</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">thanks as well! sounds nice!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah sounds great...just like my lawnmower
I've got a few sound clips with race headers installed and even the focus sport exhuast was blatty like that. I think if i ever get a race header i'm going to have to figure out a way to make it shut up. Hear a tinny 4 banger just makes me want to throw up.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Wow... it sounds like crap with the race header. But it sounds great with the cat.

Has anyone installed the Borla with an additional resonator - sort of like the FocusSport "quiet" exhaust? If the FocusSport was stainless I'd be all about it. Alas, I can't expect it to survive in Michigan with just a coating.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts