Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about changing the tip on my Borla catback to a straight pipe with a slash cut. Will there be any difference in the sound. Just wondering if the tip that comes on it has any actual effect on the sound. Also does anyone know off the top of their head the diameter of the pipe before the tip.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
2.5in Diameter Piping and the tip is 3.5in I believe. But it looks slightly smaller because it is a 'Resonated' Tip.

Sorry - Don't know about the Sound Q - Not sure on that one.

- Drew

[ 09-03-2002: Message edited by: focusownerskid ]</p>

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx Drew. Anyone on the sound question????

[ 09-03-2002: Message edited by: MMI-ZX3 ]</p>

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I did this to mine, and there was no difference in sound (just looks a helluva lot better). If you notice the actual inner diameter of the Borla tip is not much larger than 2.5inches.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PhocusZX3:
I did this to mine, and there was no difference in sound (just looks a helluva lot better). If you notice the actual inner diameter of the Borla tip is not much larger than 2.5inches.<hr></blockquote>

Did you use a ready made tip or have one fabricated. What diameter is what you have now?? Pics....??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts