Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone here is the 28 inch magnaflow "Naz" has been raving about. The sound is a tad more quiet than the glass pack i had in there. The glass pack hurt my performance though, and this so far doesn't seem to hurt it.
Ups dropped it off today:

Two hours later it looks like this:

[ 10-14-2002, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Russell ]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thats pretty cool. Good idea canning the glasspack.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Pip:
Thats pretty cool. Good idea canning the glasspack.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The glass pack was only a short term fix that worked. I would have to say thanks to Nader from Focus Central for the idea of putting the magnaflow in there.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
how much sound does it take away? How much quieter? Is it smoother, deeper? Also, how does it affect power? thats the 28" magnaho right?

OH and about your car doing funky stuff,...i feel you man, mine does something weird too

If you get on it, it doesnt know what to do for a while, its not as bad as youre, but it doesnt accelerate as fast, once the a/f guage pegs rich, it takes off..kinda weird

Like the ecu doesnt know what to do about fuel, then tosses it at the car and it loves it, its very clear and easy to tell on my car, kidna weird.

once it hits 4500rpm , it takes off, but not because of hte cam but because the car gets fuell

Something is delaying fuel or something...kinda weird...

i think thats the only time it runs lean, cause i can have it floored, and the a./f guage is stil jumping from rich to lean, but once it pegs rich, the car takes off

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by nazthug:
how much sound does it take away? How much quieter? Is it smoother, deeper? Also, how does it affect power? thats the 28" magnaho right?

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It sounds really good. If you PM me with your phone number i will give you a call and try to let you listen through the phone. It doesn't hurt the performance like the glasspack did. Yes it is the big 28" beast
......Russell

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
What did it cost you? I was thinking about doing something like this to quiet down my Vibrant/race header combo.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
dev..youre gonna need like a 5 foot magnaho...no, 2 of them to quiet that vibrant down man, that vibrant aint no muffler exhuast, thats a MEGAPHONE exhuast, its probably louder then a focus with NO exhuast...

Get one, youre gonna like it, i am getting one too, but am considering going to a 2.5" exhuast first

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by zx3ford:
What did it cost you? I was thinking about doing something like this to quiet down my Vibrant/race header combo.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It cost me $70 from focus central.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Does it reduce the resonance that you get inside the car around 3,000rpm/70mph ? Can't really tell from the picture, but is the Magnaflow stainless too?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by ZilverX:
Does it reduce the resonance that you get inside the car around 3,000rpm/70mph ? Can't really tell from the picture, but is the Magnaflow stainless too?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What resonance?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by TRUenemy00:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by TRUenemy00:
did it make a big difference in sound?
I'm looking to quiet down my 3" once the race header goes on
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sorry, i didn't mean to skip your post, i'm a moron
Yes it does make a big difference in sound, A very big difference. You can still hear the exhaust and it still sounds better than stock but no where near as being annoying.Click here to go directly to the page that has the resonators on it. The part number you will probably want is 12649.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
thanks...I'm going to go ahead and get one too...i hate having such a loud car and its only going to get louder when the race header goes on...

btw: congrats on the 1/4mile time
I remember the days you were saying how your car sucked and it would never be fast

edit: i just checked the website...the 3" one i need is 6" diameter compared to your 4" diameter, from when you were under the car, did it look like I'll run into any clearance problems with the bigger diameter resinator?

[ 10-14-2002, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: TRUenemy00 ]

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
Originally posted by Russell:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by zx3ford:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It cost me $70 from focus central.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Gracias! And Naz. I remember when you were complaining about the Vibrant. hahah I am soooo singing that song now.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
tell me bout it man, i dont even know how you drive that thing..

With the HKS its super damn loud...and i only have a 4-2-1 i heard the 4-1 race headers are way louder

So i think im calling yodude up tomorow and ordering a TOTALLY custom 2.5" utilizing everything MAGNAHO, since their stuff is really nice'

Canister muffler, 28" round muffler and small oval muffler, to look like a HKS exhuast, but be 2.5" WIDE BABY

ALong with a bigger header and flexpipe, and some more fuel with some wideband tuning, i should be a happy campeer, man, this thing never ends huh...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes sir... i ordered the same piece from a muffler shop in FL for 50 bones. It did help a bit. My car is still loud cause of the motor work which screams. NAZ U SOLD ME THE FOCUS TUNING LOWER TIE BAR. Sorry for the new name but u know i gotta dodge alqaeda

1 - 20 of 20 Posts