Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an effective and inexpensive way to tone down the Borla drone. The resonator added is a Trush 28" long, 2 1/2" pipe size. Its a smooth straight through perforated core. The cost is $18. from Summit. I also installed a Borla venturi sleeve at the end of the resonator outlet. The Borla tech I talked to said that the venturi is most effective installed as close a possible to the end or outlet of the muffler or resonator. The end result is very good. Its really quiet inside the car at all speeds. Outside is a bit quieter but still has the nice low note at idle.

[ 10-13-2002, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: bugshack ]

·
Registered
826 Posts
If anyone is interested I am selling my Borla straight section for cash + trade. I have a Magnaflow SS muffler TIG welded in place. It looks like my exhaust came that way from the factory. I am looking for 50 bux plus a stock Borla piece.

·
Registered
631 Posts
thanks for the info!
how is the sound through the RPM range? Any interior resonance at a particular RPM point?
this occurs in my car between 3500-3999 RPMs, as soon as I hit 4000RPM, all gone. Did you get the Borla venturi from Summit also? Cost?

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is this the Thrush Glass pack?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by ENZI:
thanks for the info!
how is the sound through the RPM range? Any interior resonance at a particular RPM point?
this occurs in my car between 3500-3999 RPMs, as soon as I hit 4000RPM, all gone. Did you get the Borla venturi from Summit also? Cost?

Thanks
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This took care of all of the bad resonance. Most of it for me was in the 2800-3000 rpm range. If you call the Borla tech line they will send you a venturi for free.

[ 11-05-2002, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: bugshack ]

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by zx3kona:
Is this the Thrush Glass pack?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes it is a 28" X 2 1\2" Thrush made by Dynomax $18.00. I decided to go cheap to see how well it worked. I was impressed at how well it does the job. I think putting the venturi in the end made a diffenence too.When it wears out I will replace it with an aluminized Magnaflow. They sell for $62.00

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Originally posted by nader6972:
If anyone is interested I am selling my Borla straight section for cash + trade. I have a Magnaflow SS muffler TIG welded in place. It looks like my exhaust came that way from the factory. I am looking for 50 bux plus a stock Borla piece.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">nader...please check your PM

ollie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts