Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it the loudest exhaust on the market, and what are your experiences with it? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
i have it.. think it's awesome. great sound. it's perfect for me. let me know if you are interested in one.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I have one on my ZX3 and it sound great. Very loud at WOT. It is great if you plan on heavily modding your motor because it uses 2.5 inch pipe. Overall the fit and quality is flawless.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
YES, it's LOUD!
Not MY fave....

·
Registered
400 Posts
i love the sound of it...not very loud at all to me...i have the volant cai and the borla on my zx3...sounds great to me...ive heard the yodude is the loudest...

·
I'm bringing Zetec back...
3,345 Posts
I have it and it sounds good outside, not terribly loud, but in cabin it is louder and annoying. I have had several females tell me they do not like it.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Not very load at all, but maybe that's because I'm used to listening to the Borla on my brothers Cobra......

·
Registered
210 Posts
After adding a resonator the the front section of my Borla it really mellowed out. No more problems with the girls and better low end power.

·
I'm Not Better Than You Since I Drive a Porsche, I
3,343 Posts
kleBlanczx3 said:
im thinking about getting one. is it easy to install???? could the more savy car guys install it??
First of all how did you dig a thread up from 2002? Secondly... to answer your questions they are not hard to intall, just patience. Removal is more of a bitch than instalation... because you will have to cut the stock exhaust between the resonator and muffler (lunchbox) that sits behind your rear bumper. Also, if you live in a winter prone area the two bolts off your flex may be a rusted mess, and would need to be replaced. If you don't have a welder, you could always take it to a muffler shop and have them weld it up, or you could just use clamps, making sure you get as good of a seal as you can.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
HOLY SEARCHING SKILLZ!!!!!

Congrats to the n00b for acutally searching! And finding the most busted post on FJ. Its almost older than I am on here.....

But yah... cat-backs are easy.... some work but its not rocket science.

·
Registered
250 Posts
at idle, its not that loud... its got a good tone for a focus, not ricy and crap... i like it alot, i also got a hell of a deal on a used one!

·
Registered
356 Posts
i have the borla and it sounds awesome. not too loud to me and someone's even told me it almost sounds like a mustang. :thumbup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the borla and the focus sport ORP and I don't personally think it's too loud. Not ricy just deep and raw!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts