Ford Focus Forum banner

Bosal Cat Update

2K views 87 replies 29 participants last post by  UltegraSTI 
#1 ·
It's been a while since I got some info out to you guys, but here's the latest. After 3 different cats I think I got the right one this time. After getting these cats flow tested they didn't flow much better than stock. The cats that were tested had 400 holes/in, the one & final has 100 holes/in so it should flow much better. Should know in about two weeks or so.

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks Bandit, but I'm afraid by the time its out on the market I'll be driving a Mustang GT

#8 ·
It seems that the factory CAT can not even stand up to normal bone stock parameters let alone mods. Will the Ransom or Bosal replacements has the same flaws?.

Stay Focused

#9 ·
The cat we are building is a true hi performance cat & is designed to take the abuse. Don't know about sound yet. Some of the cats we were trying were designed for bigger engines but were basicly stock cats. We are now going for all the gusto. If we can't make a decent amount of HP say 5 or 6 we are not going to make it.

#13 ·
Gain of 5 0r 6 hp nice but durability I think is more important. Since the Ford CAT is POC (Keeping comment family rated).

Stay focused

#15 ·
I'm pretty new to mods but I know one complaint against the Random Tech was that unlike like the stock cat it doesn't use the stock support bracket and may put more stress on the header. Do you guys think you'll use anything for support besides the header? I know it may not make much of a difference but if it can be incorporated in your design it would be a distinguishing feature from the RT cat, so I'd be more inclined to wait for your product.

Edit: replaced the mention of a "strap" with "bracket" and cleared up the sentence a little.

[ 02-05-2003, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: proxemac ]

#16 ·
Originally posted by proxemac:
I'm pretty new to mods but I know one complaint against the Random Tech was that unlike like the stock cat it doesn't come with a support strap and that may put more stress on the header. Do you guys think you'll use anything for support besides the header? I know it may not make much of a difference but if it can be incorporated in your design it would be a distinguishing feature from the RT cat, so I'd be more inclined to wait for your product.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think you just reuse the stock support bracket. (Just what I've read on other threads regarding race headers)

#18 ·
Blownstang, thanks for understanding that I meant the support bracket - you replied quicker than I could edit. I'm trying to modify my car for performance but minimize maintenance issues as much as possible, at least until I have a decent place to work on it. I got the information about the bracket mainly from this old FJ thread. Further down in that thread someone mentions using the stock bracket on the "flex-pipe, cat section" but that seems like it may be less effective in support relief and may have other minor complications (not sure since I haven't had a good look at the bracket). I'm just saying that a "drop-in" high flow cat that still uses the stock bracket location would mean Bosal will definitely be my choice. If there is some modifications needed I may still wait for the Bosal or I may take care of the cat when I do the catback.

#19 ·
Just did a flow test on the cat we are going to use it flowed 60% better than any other cat we used.
We are waiting for the upper flange to be made correctly with the "O" ring in it so it won't leak. As far as brackets, don't know yet have to see how it turns out may be able to use parts off the original cat.

#25 ·
Man, I sell this stuff like water in a desert to all the local kids around here.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">say crack man...thats what you mean....

anyway Bosal rocks and will always rock...the cat is coming people, bow down to your makers!

#26 ·
Gots me a Header... gonna have me a melted out Cat soon... may as well just do the whole thing while I'm at it

Like everyone else around here I offer my Focus as a Guinea Pig

Need to know how it'll cope with them cold Canadian Winters eh??

So when yer ready... just send a Flex-Pipe, Cat Back, and Cat to:

And to Sweeten the pot... if you need any Crown Vic, Grand Marquis, or Marauder parts just shoot me a PM
(the horns work just lovely in Foci)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.