Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ok...i know what you all are thinking. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION! well i am not trying to figure out which one i will like more becuause i have read pretty much everythin on both and both seem to fit my criteria. the only thing i want to know now is where are the best places to get these exhausts from for the cheapest price? i am lookin to keep it under $300. my first choice would be bosal! the best i have found for the bosal is $318.00 and the best for the magnaflow is $290.00. if anyone knows of somewhere that is cheaper PLEASE tell me! thanks

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you have a sound clip of your magnaflow?

also i would like to know if you know if this is a true magnaflow exhaust or just one made by the company selling it that uses a magnaflow muffler??

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Everyone is going to reccomend what they own, so you should make the final choise on your own. And going with that theam....... Magnaflow
. I would say that $290 is a very good price. Take it!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
ok ok...i know what you all are thinking. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION! well i am not trying to figure out which one i will like more becuause i have read pretty much everythin on both and both seem to fit my criteria. the only thing i want to know now is where are the best places to get these exhausts from for the cheapest price? i am lookin to keep it under $300. my first choice would be bosal! the best i have found for the bosal is $318.00 and the best for the magnaflow is $290.00. if anyone knows of somewhere that is cheaper PLEASE tell me! thanks
They are two pretty different looking systems. Since the price and gains are the same base your decision on fit, looks and sound. I've heard both and they are smiilar, both are deep, but the bosal burbles or farts more. The magnaflow is smoother sounding. You can find a clip on their website too.
You need to decide which looks best in your eyes. I dont like the way the bosal doesn't fit the bumper and hangs down with that can look in the back. But some people do.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
personally i hate the can look. yes, i have the magnaflow.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
personally i hate the can look. yes, i have the magnaflow.
Yeah...i had both types of exhaust can and no can (bosal and apex'i) and i hated the low can look. I much preferred the clean tip that fit perfectly into the bumper.

·
Registered
662 Posts
do you have a sound clip of your magnaflow?
Here are some clips I just made this week.

Focus Central Race Header + Bosal Catback, parked and rev'd up:
http://207.148.235.32/soundfiles/bosal+rh-parked.mp3

Focus Central Race Header + Bosal Catback road test, "on it" from 1st-3rd gear(5 speed) :
http://207.148.235.32/soundfiles/bosal+rh-road.mp3

Magnaflow Catback, no other exhaust mods, stop sign to stop sign, 1st & 2nd gear(ATX), no higher than 3k rpm:
http://207.148.235.32/soundfiles/magnaflow-stopandgo.mp3

Magnaflow Catback, no other exhaust mods, road test "on it" from 1st-3rd gear(ATX):
http://207.148.235.32/soundfiles/magnaflow-road.mp3

Hope that helps

NOTE: Sound files may not stay on that server forever, depending on the number of times they are downloaded, I might have to move them. It cost money to store and serve up these files! I recommend you download and save them once, so you don't hit the server over and over again... If you come back to this thread at some later date using a "search" or something and you get an error finding those sound file, feel free to email me and ask where I moved them...

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^^^^ well if what you are sayin is true then i think i have made my decision! i will have the money tomorrow so hopefully i will order it this week
and i DO like the clean look in the back instead of the can look so this all works out

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
^^^^^ well if what you are sayin is true then i think i have made my decision! i will have the money tomorrow so hopefully i will order it this week
and i DO like the clean look in the back instead of the can look so this all works out
Good choice. You could buy my used apex'i in the classifieds section too...but it's more expensive...

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Also keep in Mind w/ those Sound-Clips, that the Bosal has a Header, which DOES change the sound substantially, while the Magnaflow clips do NOT have a Header.
My Bosal does NOT hang low, and I think it was WELL Worth the Money Spent.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Posted by Andy Smith:
" I've heard both and they are smiilar, both are deep, but the bosal burbles or farts more. "
You mean that MEAN Burble that sounds like a Race car?
"Farts" is Inaccurate. RUMBLES is more like it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts