Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched for stuff with the bosal and the silencer, but that come sup with about a million hits that are mostly irrelevent. I've heard that the Bosal is a little buzzy - does the silcencer take care of that? Would the Bosal with silencer, flex pipe, and race header still sound buzzy?

The stock exhaust is quiet. I want a quiet exhaust with the race header. Most of the posts regarding loud v/s quiet exhausts are made by people with the stock manifold or possibly a shorty header+cat. With a *race header*, how can I keep from drawing too much attention to myself, and how can I keep from driving myself crazy when turning 3000RPMs or so on the interstate?

·
Registered
662 Posts
cloud,
Race header on any kit will not be quiet.

The silencer on the Bosal catback will help, but you will still be louder than stock. I'm not sure you will find the Bosal silencer anywhere. They are and have been on back order for some time.

The other option is the Magnaflow catback and one of the resonator mufflers for the middle. See the [Focus] Exhaust Products section of myFordPerformance.com for a description of two available Magnaflow resonators that intended to quiet down a race header setup.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
You all are sissys!! I have the FS race header, flex, and bosal and this thing is sooo quiet!! buzzing??dunnoo..I love my sound thhough! Does not attract cops..have yet to get a ticket or even get pulled over..

·
Registered
658 Posts
papasmurf had the JBA shortie with ORP and bosal. added the silencer and it sounded like the bosal with factory cat and stuff... sounded great...no more buzz

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'll be able to tell you tonight. I took my whole exhaust system off yesterday, and I'm putting a raceheader, flex pipe, and bosal on mine. Hopefully done before lunch! I'll keep you posted!

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
cloudmaster: My car has the FC race header, FS flex pipe and a magnaflow catback (one of the quietest systems available). Mine had a buzzing at certain RPM's so I listened carefully to those systems on several of my friends cars with a variety of different race headers as well as those with shorties and an OR pipe and guess what. Everyone I've heard created a buzzing at certain RPM's. Anyway, adding the race header to my otherwise very quiet system woke it up and it too became quite loud, I added a 14" resonator and it quieted it down a lot but I still had that annoying buzz, although not as pronounced. I then replaced the 14" resonator with a 31" glasspack from summitracing.com ($16.00) and it really quieted things down and even eliminated that damn buzzzzz. now I'm happy again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cloudmaster, got the hook up! FC RH, FP, and bosal on and it sounds grrrrrrreeeeeaaaatt. Really wakes the focus up and actually gives you a power band. I can stay in 3rd and 4th so much longer, and have amazing pull. O yeah about the sound. Its bold but not over bearing! Sounds awesome!! cruisin at any speed you can't even hear it, but give it some throttle and it really comes alive! Now I thing my car deserves a FJ sticker!

·
Registered
52 Posts
can a bosal rear muffler with the optional silencer be added into any exhaust system? meaning could i add it to my borla where the stock rear resonated muffler used to be? could it be purchased? This way i could run a race header or a off-road pipe and get the benefits of using the silencer to quiet things down?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yes it can be added to your Borla Exhaust. We do sell the rear muffler as a universal. You have to fabricate you own hanger & purchase the tip of your choice. by the way the muffler is 10" long. Go to our web site www.bosalperformance.com & go to where it says tips. Then scroll down to where it says Chamelion tips.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts