Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the vibrant exhust with the race header and couldn`t stand the noise, so I got the bosal better, but it seems that its getting very buzzy and if i hit the throttle slowly it sounds like the baffle or something is buzzing in the muffler. Is this normal

Also the damn muffler the one in the middle(under the back seat) seams to leak at the seam that runs up the side of the muffler
But more or less when the engine is cold and their is water in the pipes. I can actually feel the leak with my hand small but it shouldn`t leak at all!

Any way any one with a race header have any of these problems???
-Matt-

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
i had mine replaced, the midmuffler that is...check it out, take it off and shake it around, mine had stuff loose in it??i think

but the bosal with raceheader is just how it sounds, it has a really buzzy sound, at least on my car it did

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
i had mine replaced, the midmuffler that is...check it out, take it off and shake it around, mine had stuff loose in it??i think

but the bosal with raceheader is just how it sounds, it has a really buzzy sound, at least on my car it did
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Naz was it reallly loud? cause when I installed the bosal it was real real real quiet compared to my custom I had before..and thats with a flex pipe too!how loud was it? as loud as a vibrant with race header or borla with race header?? or a nice tone?

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
it was never as ugly as a vibrant...dont put those 2 in the same sentence please

IT was loud, but not super loud, and it had a bit of a rasp to it, some people loved it, im more of a smooth, quiet exhuast tone

The bosal sounds GREAT with a street header and/or high flow cat...it just wasnt my sound with the raceheader, i needed quieter and smoother

But nonetheless, a great exhuast with great gains, build quality and sound

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Matt,
If you really have a leak or problem, PM BANDIT Immediately!!
HE will help you. HE is a Jetter AND the REP!!!
Asking on the board won't Fix anything that might be a manufacturing fluke. Since the race-header doesn't connect to the cat-back directly, that should have nothing to do w/ it, unless there was a screw-up on the install...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Originally posted by Infra-red 2001 ZX3:
bump
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">For WHAT??
PM BANDIT, and SOLVE the Problem!!

Why bump the thread?

Not to mention the fact that it was in the top 3-5 ANYWAY at the time you bumped it....

[ 10-13-2002, 03:31 AM: Message edited by: MichaelXi ]

·
Registered
362 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
it was never as ugly as a vibrant...dont put those 2 in the same sentence please

IT was loud, but not super loud, and it had a bit of a rasp to it, some people loved it, im more of a smooth, quiet exhuast tone

The bosal sounds GREAT with a street header and/or high flow cat...it just wasnt my sound with the raceheader, i needed quieter and smoother

But nonetheless, a great exhuast with great gains, build quality and sound
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I had the Bosal w/flex, Street header, ORP. That set up was loud...and really buzzy. Some people liked it, but some (myself included) hated it. Bu I do agree with Naz in that that Bosal sounds sweet with a street header

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by Infra-red 2001 ZX3:

Also the damn muffler the one in the middle(under the back seat) seams to leak at the seam that runs up the side of the muffler
But more or less when the engine is cold and their is water in the pipes. I can actually feel the leak with my hand small but it shouldn`t leak at all!

Any way any one with a race header have any of these problems???
-Matt-
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ok, my bosal did the same thing...and they sent me a new one. Hearing of another couple incidents makes me really wish i knew this before i bought it.
I hate telling people i've got a bosal now, in my mind the name is tarnished. It sucks...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by MichaelXi:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Infra-red 2001 ZX3:
bump
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">For WHAT??
PM BANDIT, and SOLVE the Problem!!

Why bump the thread?

Not to mention the fact that it was in the top 3-5 ANYWAY at the time you bumped it....
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I already pm`d bandit settle down beavis!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts