Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happen to run into a deal on 2 shaved doors and a shaved hatch for my zx3, 300 for the hatch, and 150 per door. I bought the hatch already, and my brother is gonna give me the doors as a bday present. So all I am gonna pay is for the hatch. Problems though, I drive a black car, and they are lime green, I am power equiped the doors are manual, I also dont have actuators to pop the doors. I'm trying to keep cost down as I'm not made of $$$. My buddy painted his quarter pannels in a home made paint booth, and he had a small compressor with a paint gun, which I can use.

I dont think it will be too hard to convert my inner door panels to the new door skins. I also dont really want to spend the $$$ on the actuators, but I dont know how much they cost, I was guessing about 100. Instead of actuators could I rig my windows to lower when I hit the unlock button on my keyless lockbutton thingey?

Ive also been doing some small scale metal fabrication, and I am looking for step by step pictures of a lambo door installation, and detailed pictures of the hinge area.

Please help me/would appreciate oppinions

My digi cam dont load pics or I would post them up...

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
well if ur not made of money, u better forget about the lambo door conversion. Its not a hard install from wat I hear, but it runs u $1900 just for the mounting kit. If u were to build your OWN kit altogether, I have no idea how much it would cost you. But painting it shouldnt be a problem if u know what your doing, it will take a LOT of time and effort. Sanding it down, priming, wet sanding, priming, wet sanding, coloring, wet sanding, coloring, wet sanding, clear, wet sanding, clear wetsanding.... although with more coats of each... go to the dealer and see if theyll hook u up with a couple gallons of everything that you need.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Time is no issue, I like to do projects. I want to figure out how to make the hinge myself, to avoid the door hitting the door jam I was going to make it a 2 hinge system, one that turns the door open 6 inches that is spring loaded to keep it from folding in on the car when in the up position, then turns up. I think I am going to try it on my rx7 first, see how it works on that car. The actual aluminum isnt expensive I got an aluminum deal hook up, for 6061, enough aluminum to do it would cost me like $60, and the shocks I could get from an RV dealer, made to order for less than $100.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts