Ford Focus Forum banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

· Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
PARKINGLOT said:
any updates?
In fact, there is. I visited Pacific Raceways today with the Alfa Club. It was cool and clear in the a.m. and actually fairly warm in the afternoon. I ran 3 solid sessions (first session was cut short because an instructor put his new (to-him) former World Speed Touring SRT-4 into a ditch during warmup). During the other 3 completed 25 minute sessions, I experienced zero fade. Having said that, I ALSO switched to Carbotech XP10 pads up front prior to this event. This setup combination was golden. I was pushing the car pretty hard in the last two sessions chasing/passing/running away from various cars. It was a hoot. The oil temps ran up to 226 despite the oil cooler. However, my brakes held up like never before throughout. I never felt a bit of fade and I was laying into them pretty good in the last session while chasing down a Vette. It was fun.

· Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
PARKINGLOT said:
so I emailed Cantrell Motorsports a little while ago, but haven't heard back. Is it a busy place maybe? What's the best way to get more info about this?
Incredibly busy as he rolls into race and HPDE season. This year Colin is acting as crew chief supporting a 5-car IMSA Porsche 997 GT3 Cup Car team at, I think, 5-to-9 races (don't remember), plus several other local racers (DP, SPU M3, more Cup cars, etc.). So, you'll need a little patience on this kind of thing. Reaching him by phone is sometimes easier, certainly more immediate when he picks up.

· Registered
721 Posts
I just finished installing these on my Focus. I didn't see the part #'s in this thread yet (other than the one picture) so I thought I'd post them here. 993.341.083.00 and 993.341.084.00. Picked the pair up for $32 shipped.

Here's some pics of what I did. Mine are mounted about 1" further up as I didn't want to sacrifice too much ground clearance, and they still hang down a few inches below the bumper, so they should catch plenty of air flow. I plan to run some sessions with and w/o them installed at the next track day to see how they do. I did a little testing with a box fan to find the optimal placement, and its quite impressive how much air these things push through the wheel.

Click on the pics for full size images.

· Registered
721 Posts

· Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
21,133 Posts
That's a retail $385, not cost plus 10%...

· 9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
10,158 Posts
When considering both however that you can do the porsche pieces for <$50 its probably still somewhat pricey and probably harder to make fit well.

· Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
sleeperlove said:
When considering both however that you can do the porsche pieces for <$50 its probably still somewhat pricey and probably harder to make fit well.
Well, at least there are some parts that make that attachment a little cleaner with that Mustang option. However, the reason I went away from the ducts was that it seemed like there was too much stuff under the SVTF (especially mine) to do that cleanly. The fin solution seemed less invasive. I reckon it's a little bit of a tradeoff between being able to put the air right where you want it vs. total volume of air and simplicity of design/implementation. Those fins pump alot of air through there.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.